Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepting 2 seats  (Read 573 times)

jaustinstokes

• View Profile
    • Email
Accepting 2 seats
« on: April 14, 2009, 11:26:54 AM »
I know this will give me bad karma in the long run, but is it okay to accept a seat to 2 schools, if you haven't made up your mind yet? (especially if only one of them requires a $ deposit right now)... is any of it binding?

fusername

• View Profile
Re: Accepting 2 seats
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 11:31:49 AM »
Just pay for the one seat deposit now.  When is the latter seat deposit's deadline?  Basically you have to decide by the latter deadline.  I wouldn't accept 2 seats.  Maybe I'm thinking about this the wrong way, that's my 2 cents.

fusername

• View Profile

penni_rose

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 05:30:09 PM »
I currently have deposits in at 2 schools. The deadlines came up and I had no choice. Of course, I decided about 3 days after I sent in the deposits. I'm planning to withdraw just as soon as my financial aid is finalized. I know I'm not the only one that has done this. Plenty of people I talked to at the schools I applied to said that they knew someone who changed their mind during orientation. They all just lost their deposits.

no634

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • No 634
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 11:45:12 PM »
I know this will give me bad karma in the long run, but is it okay to accept a seat to 2 schools, if you haven't made up your mind yet? (especially if only one of them requires a $ deposit right now)... is any of it binding?

Bad karma. Check the deposit form to see if it's "binding" (aka Tuition Bill.) But really, don't do it.