Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2.01 UGPA, 3.9 MBA, 170 LSAT, 30 Years Old  (Read 2524 times)

TimMitchell

Re: 2.01 UGPA, 3.9 MBA, 170 LSAT, 30 Years Old
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 11:35:04 PM »
It will surprise me if any T14 would take anyone with a GPA lower than 2.2.  It drags down their average GPA and put them in danger to be lowered in ranking. 

You're awful. First of all, you come into this thread acting like a condescending feminine hygiene product bag. Secondly, you're giving out bad advice. Where have you seen the mean average of LSAT or GPA listed for T14 schools? They post their median statistics so that a few outliers will not tremendously affect their numbers.

Stop being a male private part online, it's pretty lame

Pax86

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 12:20:21 AM »
It will surprise me if any T14 would take anyone with a GPA lower than 2.2.  It drags down their average GPA and put them in danger to be lowered in ranking. 

You're awful. First of all, you come into this thread acting like a condescending feminine hygiene product bag. Secondly, you're giving out bad advice. Where have you seen the mean average of LSAT or GPA listed for T14 schools? They post their median statistics so that a few outliers will not tremendously affect their numbers.

It's also pretty lame to say feminie hygiene product bag and male private part. You sound like a 6 year old. Cocksucker.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 12:31:34 AM »
It's also pretty lame to say feminie hygiene product bag and male private part. You sound like a 6 year old. Cocksucker.

;D   I totally agree with you.  That guy got no balls.  8) 

TimMitchell

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 12:39:21 AM »

This was your last past

d bag

Top Cat

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ky. born, Ky. bred... when I die, I'll be Ky. dead
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 07:13:05 AM »
My biggest piece of advice to you- take the LSAT.  Guessing you will get a 170 is being pretty optimistic, no matter what you have been scoring.  Study hard, and take the LSAT this June- then you will have a much better idea of what you need to do.
University of Kentucky 1L

LSN

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 08:15:43 AM »
For all intents and purposes, a 2.01 UGPA will have the same effect on the UGPA statistics of a law school as will any UGPA below the school's 25% figure.  The greater concern would be that they would look at the number and just assume that the applicant wasn't really cut out for academic work.

But I echo TopCat's advice: take the LSAT and see how you do.  Splitters' cycles are hard enough to predict as it is.
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

SwampFox

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 12:26:53 PM »
No one seems to have addressed the other side of the original poster's less-than-stellar early profile -- the criminal record.  Even if the school does not have a problem with it, the state bar might object once you've graduated.  All the applications I filled out had a "character and fitness" section, and most of them had a disclaimer to the effect of "Before you start law school, you should check with the rules of the bar assc. of the state in which you want to practice if you have a less-than-squeeky-clean record."  I know most places won't give a hoot about traffic violations, but the DUI's and dope convictions might be problematic.  Does anyone have any real insight on this?

(By the way, lots of people score in the 170's on the practice test and then don't do that well on the real thing.  I would advise lots of timed practice to make sure).

themanwithnoname

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 09:41:08 PM »
the one dope conviction isn't a huge problem, but the 2 DUIs, plus the cumulative effect of 3 run ins with the law, might be a bit more of a problem.

dave79

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 10:36:49 PM »
I appreciate the comments so thanks everyone. It seems the only thing to do is give the LSAT everything I have and see what happens. The comments about people scoring a lot higher in practice vs. the real thing has me a little nervous though. I did right about as I expected on the GMAT so I hope I can do the same thing on the LSAT.

Nothing I can do about the arrests at this point... it's good to read people's comments/reactions though because it helps me think about what I need to do to address them. If I can get into school, then when it comes time for the bar I'll be 11 years removed from any transgressions which is a fairly significant period of time, I think.

This is a great forum by the way.  8) I look forward to participating here as I go through this process.

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 10:58:46 PM »

;D   I totally agree with you.  That guy got no balls.  8) 

If you two weren't so f-ing stupid, you would realize you have your f-ing swear filters on.  ;)

(Rest assured my message isn't censored on my end)