Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wisconsin Waitlist Movement?  (Read 1485 times)

sambrose

• View Profile
Wisconsin Waitlist Movement?
« on: April 12, 2009, 12:08:44 PM »
I talked to an advisor who said that with the economy the way it is, they're not really sure about how their numbers will be.  They're somewhat expecting more WI residents to stick around, which could make it tougher for me, a Wisconsin resident on the wait list, to get into.

Just thought I'd start this forum for anyone who turned down a spot, has moved off the wait list, or heard anything new. 

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: Wisconsin Waitlist Movement?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 12:37:18 PM »
A few years ago when I was on a waitlist I sent an LOCI to the admission director saying it was my top choice and I would accept and put down a depo if offered a spot. Within a week they offered me a spot. Could have just been coincidence, but maybe not. Worth a shot, show them are your interested and that you would accept so they have no doubt in making you an offer that it would become a filled spot right away. Good luck.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

sambrose

• View Profile
Re: Wisconsin Waitlist Movement?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 03:08:58 PM »
According to admissions, UW-Law sent out letters to people on the waitlist yesterday (April 27th).  Keep an eye on your mailboxes!  More letters to go out shortly after May 20th (their deadline) and then throughout the summer!