Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question  (Read 541 times)

Mellski

• View Profile
    • Email
Question
« on: April 12, 2009, 09:17:49 AM »
I go to a Christian undergraduate school where, if you get caught drinking (yes, gay, i know), you get in serious trouble. Well, last year around this time I got caught and receive disciplinary probationn. Anyways, until i apply for law school, it will have been 3 years since that event happened, however, after looking at the deans certificate, it seems that they must write down any of my disciplinary actions that have occured. Is this true? Will this deter my chances at top schools?

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 12:03:32 PM »
I doubt it will be a problem.

Did your school also write people up for being gay? Was that gay too?
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

Blue08

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 12:10:51 PM »
I did not attend an undergrad with any religious affiliation - and I doubt it makes any difference - but I did get sanctioned/written up for an alcohol related incident when I was a freshman. Yes, it's true that you will both have to disclose this on your applications and, for schools that require it, have your dean of students detail the matter in a dean's certificate.

I don't think it will adversely affect your chances much, if at all. My cycle went basically as expected. There were a few waitlists that I thought should have been acceptances, but my applications weren't as tight as they could have been. In fact, some were downright sloppy. So it could have been that, the alcohol thing, a combination of the two, or simply me overestimating my chances in the first place.

Just make sure your apps are well done and get them in early.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 12:40:24 PM »

Yea, be sure to use the term “gay” as much as you can in your addendum to desribe things that you did that where bad.    ::)
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 01:00:33 PM »

Yea, be sure to use the term “gay” as much as you can in your addendum to desribe things that you did that where bad.    ::)

Ugh so gay, I wanted to make a joke about that.   :D

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 01:43:35 PM »
I would give the OP a hard time about the gay thing but for the fact that I still call things retarded on occasion, so I'm no better.  :-[
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.