Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Visiting a school Monday...  (Read 1239 times)

cherpin

• View Profile
Visiting a school Monday...
« on: April 11, 2009, 11:34:04 PM »
I'm planning on visiting my school of choice on monday to drop off a letter of continued interest (more like perpetual, or permanent interest). Any tips? Suggestions? I'm all ears

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Visiting a school Monday...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 01:08:27 AM »
What the @#!* do you need to drop off a letter for if you're physically stopping by? You are the LOCI.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

cherpin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 12:59:03 PM »
haha i see what you mean, but i wasn't able to be scheduled for a tour or anything so there's no guarantee i'll be able to talk with anyone.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 03:47:06 PM »
haha i see what you mean, but i wasn't able to be scheduled for a tour or anything so there's no guarantee i'll be able to talk with anyone.

Fair enough. Still ask them if you can talk to a professor or something. You might get lucky and find someone on the admissions committee.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 11:38:14 PM »
What the @#!* do you need to drop off a letter for if you're physically stopping by? You are the LOCI.

Completely disagree with the above comment.

The person who gives the tour or meet with you might not be the one who have the decision power.  And even if he does, he might forget about you in few weeks when it comes down to evaluate the waitlist.  Giving them the letter will put something on your file and be there for the actual reviewers to see when/if they review your file again.

Don't listen to Ninja1.  He's a clueless-UF-Hating 1L. 

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 01:55:28 AM »

Completely disagree with the above comment.

The person who gives the tour or meet with you might not be the one who have the decision power.  And even if he does, he might forget about you in few weeks when it comes down to evaluate the waitlist.  Giving them the letter will put something on your file and be there for the actual reviewers to see when/if they review your file again.

Don't listen to Ninja1.  He's a clueless-UF-Hating 1L. 

I love my UF brethren, I just make sure they know the score.