Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Touro Law School...  (Read 6433 times)

tino8

• View Profile
    • Email
Touro Law School...
« on: April 08, 2009, 06:57:45 PM »
They are giving me a good amount of money to go there next fall, and I could live at home...

Does anyone know anything about the school??? I know its not ranked very high but do they have connections...etc

Thanks

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Touro Law School...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 04:57:17 AM »
How good of a chunk of change and what are the conditions?
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

tino8

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 11:14:45 AM »
16k a year and im assuming by conditions u mean that i have to stay in the top 25 percent of the class...however if i do better than that ill get more money & vice versa

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 03:46:15 PM »
Not very good conditions, but living at home will save you a bunch of money. Might as well take it if there are no better options on the board.

RobWreck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 07:59:15 PM »
It's not enough money, especially considering you've got a 3 out of 4 chance of losing that scholarship. Spend the time to prep and retake the LSAT... either so you get higher for a free ride/irrevocable scholarship or so that you can get into a better school. The legal market sucks right now... you have nothing to gain graduating from law school now that would not be better served by waiting another year or getting into a better school, or at least less debt.
Good luck,
Rob
St. John's University School of Law '11
Part-time PM Division
Admitted in NY

JDat45

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 09:50:09 PM »
Touro is a T4 on a good day. From what I hear, it's okay if you are of Latin descent (in terms of employment connections). Like someone else said, retake the LSAT and try to NYL and BLS or even CUNY School of Law, I would.  :P

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 11:29:57 PM »
Touro is a T4 on a good day. From what I hear, it's okay if you are of Latin descent (in terms of employment connections). Like someone else said, retake the LSAT and try to NYL and BLS or even CUNY School of Law, I would.  :P

Really meaningful, given that OP should be in school and almost done with their first semester by now. Thanks for the bump.

JDat45

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 04:39:30 PM »

Really meaningful, given that OP should be in school and almost done with their first semester by now. Thanks for the bump.

And you care why????::)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 03:22:16 AM »

Showed up in my unread posts, so I read it. Basically time theft.

Did you ever take your LSAT?

JDat45

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 05:11:31 PM »

Showed up in my unread posts, so I read it. Basically time theft.

Did you ever take your LSAT?

Fair enough...and no, I am preparing now...taking practice exams...getting better, stronger and faster...sort of like the 6MM man  ;D