Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Deposit Tracking? Schools do it and share info?  (Read 1089 times)

Youk

• View Profile
Deposit Tracking? Schools do it and share info?
« on: April 07, 2009, 10:48:04 AM »
So, I cannot make up my mind between a couple of schools, waiting to hear re: a couple of waitlists, and b/c I submitted some apps late, haven't heard from some schools.

I know its bad form to make more than 1 deposit, but does anyone know if schools track who deposited where at other institutions? If so, do all schools do it?  What is the penalty other than losing a deposit...I assume not much.

Any other info is appreciated.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
Re: Deposit Tracking? Schools do it and share info?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 10:50:48 AM »
Yes, schools report it to LSAC who then compiles the information. The respond to the schools telling them you have sent in more than one deposit, but not which schools. Your schools will then send you a letter telling you they know and you need to withdraw from somewhere
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Youk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 11:22:44 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the LSAC doesn't report that info to schools until 6/15...so I would have until 6/15 or just before to withdraw from one of the schools? 

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 11:32:37 AM »
That's possible, I have no idea because it doesn't apply to me. Check LSAC since they're the ones who have the information on their policy
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.