Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need advice  (Read 371 times)

Imax00

• View Profile
    • Email
Need advice
« on: April 07, 2009, 10:28:31 AM »
Hello, I'm in a situation right now. Basically I goto pharmacy school but have only taken the pre-reqs so far.
I applied but was not accepted into the program. My gpa is about a 3.3. I interested in attending law school but with the
Credits I have earned so far I can only finish a degree in bio,chem, or nursing. I am thinking about nursing becuse at
Least I will have job security. My question is would applying to law school with a bachelors in nursing, help me get in or hinder me?
Thanks

ntiger

• KC Newbie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Need advice
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 11:42:28 AM »
I'd say it'd help you because it would make you a more diverse applicant.  Especially if you are interested in Health Law.

If you don't know what type of law your interested in, you better find out or atleast make up something genuine sounding for your personal statement.  Going to pharmacy school then switching to nursing then switching to law without an emphasis could be seen as wishy-washy.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 11:49:14 AM »
Hello, I'm in a situation right now. Basically I goto pharmacy school but have only taken the pre-reqs so far.
I applied but was not accepted into the program. My gpa is about a 3.3. I interested in attending law school but with the
Credits I have earned so far I can only finish a degree in bio,chem, or nursing. I am thinking about nursing becuse at
Least I will have job security. My question is would applying to law school with a bachelors in nursing, help me get in or hinder me?
Thanks

It probably won't hurt, but your GPA certainly isn't going to help at all.

I'd recommend taking a few practice LSATs first to see where you're at before you set course towards law school for sure.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

SamE397

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 03:49:35 PM »
Thanks
I imagine law schools will actually like you a lot. In addition to the fact that you will bring diversity, you're probably patent bar eligible. FWIW I think Bio-Chem would actually be the degree that could help you more if you're dead set on law but then again nursing probably gives you more stability by itself.   

jaustinstokes

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 04:01:45 PM »
I don't think it'll hurt you at all. I know a guy in the top 15% of his class at UT that majored in forestry in ug.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 06:37:57 PM »
The hard science majors would be best if you were certain about law school.