Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do I have a chance at Cornell or Columbia?  (Read 1458 times)

canon21387

• View Profile
Re: Do I have a chance at Cornell or Columbia?
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 09:37:15 PM »
Hey~

So I spent a year in Oxford, and had somewhat similar stats (3.63/175), and will be going to Columbia next fall. I got in everywhere I applied, with the exception of HY. With that said, I think that a major component of my acceptance to Columbia was the fact that I applied very, very early in the cycle. I would recommend that if you're shooting for a highly ranked school that you have your apps in no later than Oct. 1. Good Luck!

k0em9u

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 10:37:04 PM »
All T14s, even the ones you don't want to go to. They might offer you money, which you can use to negotiate money at some of the ones you do want to go to. Well worth the application fee with those numbers.
Sue me female dog, I know a lawyer.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 12:08:23 AM »
Hey~

So I spent a year in Oxford, and had somewhat similar stats (3.63/175), and will be going to Columbia next fall. I got in everywhere I applied, with the exception of HY. With that said, I think that a major component of my acceptance to Columbia was the fact that I applied very, very early in the cycle. I would recommend that if you're shooting for a highly ranked school that you have your apps in no later than Oct. 1. Good Luck!

Really?  I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that you scored 175 on the LSAT. 

k0em9u

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 05:20:46 PM »
175, 3.63 and a year at Oxford? You'd have gotten in if you applied on the deadline date.
Sue me female dog, I know a lawyer.

Mellski

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 11:16:30 PM »
Ok, thank you very much everyone who responded. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.