Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FSU 1L Taking Questions  (Read 4481 times)

Budlaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: FSU 1L Taking Questions
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2009, 06:54:50 PM »
So, how is the job hunting going for you so far?  Any possibilities for this summer?

I've got a few possibilities that might pan out. We'll see soon I'd imagine.

Good luck, man.   What cities?

Thanks, I appreciate it. Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Orlando, and Tampa.

How's Bridgeman's Fantasy Nascar going?

BTW, Dean Widner is a total tool. (if you haven't figured that out already)

Didn't you graduted from FSU?   What city are you at and what type of law do you practice now?

Im in Atlanta and I'm doing labor & employment law. There's actually quite a few FSU grads up here from my class.

Oh...and I think there's about to be a serious backlog of graduates out in the open market over the next few years. Just take a look at above the law.com to see what I mean. Many of the BIGLAW firms are laying people off, and they are defering start dates for incomings until 2010. Finally, its looking like 160K won't be the starting rate at many firms any longer. Many of the big firms are cutting salaries across the board for assocaites. Biglaw is turning out to be not what its been billed to be. And it doesn't matter what lawshcool you went to if they're not hiring (or in some cases paying associates to go away)

Good luck out there.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: FSU 1L Taking Questions
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2009, 08:23:06 PM »
So, how is the job hunting going for you so far?  Any possibilities for this summer?

I've got a few possibilities that might pan out. We'll see soon I'd imagine.

Good luck, man.   What cities?

Thanks, I appreciate it. Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Orlando, and Tampa.

How's Bridgeman's Fantasy Nascar going?

BTW, Dean Widner is a total tool. (if you haven't figured that out already)

Didn't you graduted from FSU?   What city are you at and what type of law do you practice now?

Im in Atlanta and I'm doing labor & employment law. There's actually quite a few FSU grads up here from my class.

Oh...and I think there's about to be a serious backlog of graduates out in the open market over the next few years. Just take a look at above the law.com to see what I mean. Many of the BIGLAW firms are laying people off, and they are defering start dates for incomings until 2010. Finally, its looking like 160K won't be the starting rate at many firms any longer. Many of the big firms are cutting salaries across the board for assocaites. Biglaw is turning out to be not what its been billed to be. And it doesn't matter what lawshcool you went to if they're not hiring (or in some cases paying associates to go away)

Good luck out there.

How are you doing?  Are you making market rate?  Any fear of being lay off?