Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: decision help  (Read 322 times)

softballgurl_55

• View Profile
decision help
« on: April 04, 2009, 04:40:37 PM »
So I got accepted to Syracuse, Seattle Univ, Univ of the Pacific, Pace, and Franklin Pierce.
I am interested in international law, from the west coast. I just want to go to a school that will help me get involved in a rule-of-law career and post-conflict resolution. 

I am also currently wait-listed at W&L and villanova, what are my chances of getting in there if I had a 158 LSAT and a 3.4 from an Ivy-league school?

In addition to that I am still waiting to hear back from Santa Clara, and USC, as well as Wash U St. Louis.

Santa Clara said that I would either be admit or waitlisted when I hear back from them at the end of April, but seat deposits are due on April 15th for the schools that I am admitted to.

Suggestions?

theonlygirlphilosopher

• View Profile
Re: decision help
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 07:05:11 PM »
Well, you're going to want to rank your current acceptances and do it quickly.  Base your decision on the most important factors to you - rank, financials, location, program, etc.  Weight these all and then assign a final score to each school.  Then, when you've decided your school, send the deposit in.  You may have to eat that cost, but it's better than counting on waitlists coming through and being screwed.  Applications are up 30% this year, and deans of admission can get fired for overenrolling by as few as 25 students so waitlists are gonna be really up in the air this year.  Reserve your spot at your top choice and then, if you get into Wash U or any of the others, you'll have good choices to make.

To be honest with you I would just send the money in to whichever school is ranked the highest.  In this economy you need to make yourself as attractive as possible as a potential employee, and the best way to do that is to go to the best school possible.