Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Syracuse $$$ vs. Seton hall $  (Read 5173 times)

GhostofTomJoad

• View Profile
Re: Syracuse $$$ vs. Seton hall $
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2009, 10:53:27 PM »
Bumparoo!

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2009, 10:58:10 PM »
I got in to Case Western yesterday so I won't be attending Syracuse. Best of luck to the rest of you.

k0em9u

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2009, 10:36:37 AM »
Yeah, Case should be a no-brainer compared to both of those schools.
Sue me female dog, I know a lawyer.

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2009, 03:06:25 PM »
Syracuse.

Syracuse falling out of the T2, still take Syracuse?

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2009, 05:03:09 PM »
Syracuse.

Yes. I've said it before somewhere, probably not in this thread, but Syracuse is one of those schools like Albany, Arkansas, Buffalo, Ole Miss, and a few others where they're constantly going to fall in the 90-110 range and everyone either does or should know that. Them getting bumped down and Arkansas getting bumped up this year isn't going to change anything. It's like UF falling down 2 spots or so and into the T2, it doesn't matter at all; they're still the same school they were last year.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2009, 05:15:16 PM »
Syracuse.

Yes. I've said it before somewhere, probably not in this thread, but Syracuse is one of those schools like Albany, Arkansas, Buffalo, Ole Miss, and a few others where they're constantly going to fall in the 90-110 range and everyone either does or should know that. Them getting bumped down and Arkansas getting bumped up this year isn't going to change anything. It's like UF falling down 2 spots or so and into the T2, it doesn't matter at all; they're still the same school they were last year.

Exactly there is no one at some firm that has hired Sycruse grads before waiting with a Sharpe to cross out any resumes they get from the school simply because they fell out of T2. Nor are new firms hoping for your resume to come in becuase your went from T2 to T1. The same people will still hire from the school and the same people will not hire from there. That goes for any school, and if you school is not in the T20 or so itís likely to move up or down before your graduate. Nobody pays attention to these rankings like law students do, the lawyers and judges I know donít even know what most schools, including their own, are ranked, nor do they care. They hire from the same schools they have always hired from, and thatís pretty much the top schools and the local schools.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2009, 09:59:58 PM »
Syracuse.

Exactly there is no one at some firm that has hired Sycruse grads before waiting with a Sharpe to cross out any resumes they get from the school simply because they fell out of T2. Nor are new firms hoping for your resume to come in becuase your went from T2 to T1. The same people will still hire from the school and the same people will not hire from there. That goes for any school, and if you school is not in the T20 or so itís likely to move up or down before your graduate. Nobody pays attention to these rankings like law students do, the lawyers and judges I know donít even know what most schools, including their own, are ranked, nor do they care. They hire from the same schools they have always hired from, and thatís pretty much the top schools and the local schools.

And what's really funny is that most law students don't even seem to know the rankings that well. For some reason, a lot of people at FSU and elsewhere think FSU is ranked in the mid-30s (factoring out private schools maybe?). A friend at Albany thinks I go to the 32nd (or something) best law school in the country. I'm not going to correct him.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2009, 11:07:03 AM »
Syracuse.

And what's really funny is that most law students don't even seem to know the rankings that well. For some reason, a lot of people at FSU and elsewhere think FSU is ranked in the mid-30s (factoring out private schools maybe?). A friend at Albany thinks I go to the 32nd (or something) best law school in the country. I'm not going to correct him.

Hey I'm at a top 10 school now so I can look down on most everyone
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2009, 02:41:08 AM »
Syracuse.

Hey I'm at a top 10 school now so I can look down on most everyone

Love it.

GhostofTomJoad

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2009, 02:55:23 AM »
Syracuse.

I've tried telling people this but people seem to have the notion that if a school's ranking drops by X number of spots, some sort of alert will go out to law firms and employers all over the world and these firms and employers will basically stay away from that school like it's the plague.  Even if Syracuse is in tier 3 based on the new rankings that are set to come out at the end of this month, the same set of employers will still recruit graduates from Syracuse.  If the firm has had a good experience with graduates from a particular school,they will contiinue to register for that school's on-campus interviewing.  In addition, the rankings will always fluctuate from year to year.  In other words, outside of the T14 or so, all school's will inevitably experience upward and downward movements at some point.