Law School Discussion

3 Totally Different Schools...Help Me Decide

Re: 3 Totally Different Schools...Help Me Decide
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 07:24:24 AM »
I'm still conflicted, but heavily leaning towards Tulane.

I encourage your lean.  In fact, I started to tell you I thought you should pick Tulane in my first response, but reconsidered.

Tulane makes sense for a couple of reasons.  But as I understand your choices, the best argument for Tulane comes from statements you made in your original post:

After much soul-searching, I have decided to follow my heart...

and

I have always wanted to attend Tulane.

and

My partner also loves the idea of living in New Orleans.

Obviously Tulane will be more expensive, and it's not a good time to take financial decisions lightly.  But it doesn't sound like you are taking this decision lightly, in any way shape or form.  You've already committed to making financial sacrifices by deciding to pursue your dream of child advocacy.  So I'd encourage you to freely choose the school and location where you and your family will be most happy.

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 12:48:26 PM »
I want to thank everybody who contributed their thoughts. I finally came to a decision and sent my full seat deposit to Tulane. Thanks again.

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2009, 02:05:38 PM »
I want to thank everybody who contributed their thoughts. I finally came to a decision and sent my full seat deposit to Tulane. Thanks again.

Congrats!   :)

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2009, 02:36:55 PM »
Awesome! Good luck!

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 12:39:37 AM »

Congrats! Tulane is a popular school this year...Wow! Why is everyone on Tulane? Actually, I know Tulane is all that, but it just seems that everywhere u look, there's somebody screaming "Tulane".

And Tulane is probably the best non-top-25 school in the country. Ok, one can argue Brooklyn, Cardozo and Temple...and maybe Miami or Hastings, but Tulane has a national reach. It places well in all of the big markets (NY, DC, Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, L.A., SF, and even Seattle), and compares well with some top-25 schools. 

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 08:02:21 PM »

Congrats! Tulane is a popular school this year...Wow! Why is everyone on Tulane? Actually, I know Tulane is all that, but it just seems that everywhere u look, there's somebody screaming "Tulane".

And Tulane is probably the best non-top-25 school in the country. Ok, one can argue Brooklyn, Cardozo and Temple...and maybe Miami or Hastings, but Tulane has a national reach. It places well in all of the big markets (NY, DC, Chicago, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, L.A., SF, and even Seattle), and compares well with some top-25 schools. 

i strongly object to this...

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2009, 02:19:47 PM »

Reasonable "objections" are usually followed by a supporting argument. But I'll humor you anyways...

go to http://www.top-law-schools.com/
 and look at the school description for Tulane.

Besides...who gives a FF WHAT you "object" to...specially when you don't back it up?

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2009, 03:15:03 PM »
i'm sorry, i was kind of tagging to come back to later and elaborate.

i appreciate your kind tone, though, in dealing with my little sentence.

i've attached my objection(s) here, but in all honesty, i have no desire to dialogue with you about this any further, as you seem to be quite a prick and not the kind of person who has anything to learn...

i suppose that national reach is one measure of a school's "value" or "prestige," but i would say that there are tremendous advantages to strongly regional schools who do incredibly well in their market.  tulane grads don't merely excel at going outside their state for employment because of the quality of their school...louisiana doesn't exactly have a booming legal market. 

tulane's a great school, but labeling it "the best non-top 25" in the country means it should be #26 by your own standard of ranking.  i believe that there are at least twenty other schools which have a valid objection to this statement based on their ranking alone, which you apparently ascribe to. 

bl825

• There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2009, 03:55:21 PM »

Reasonable "objections" are usually followed by a supporting argument. But I'll humor you anyways...

go to http://www.top-law-schools.com/
 and look at the school description for Tulane.

Besides...who gives a FF WHAT you "object" to...specially when you don't back it up?

It doesn't matter if he doesn't back up his objection when nobody's keeping score.  ;)

And citing TLS for your assertion is sad.  Go back to saying that you read stuff in books by adcomms.

bl825

• There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2009, 03:57:36 PM »
Oh and for the record, please don't interpret my post as saying anything negative about Tulane.  And sorry about the hijacking, OP.  Personally, I agree that Tulane is the best choice.  :)