Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: DePaul Bound! Anyone else?  (Read 624 times)

ohioan

• View Profile
DePaul Bound! Anyone else?
« on: April 01, 2009, 06:51:43 PM »
Well, after a lot of deliberating and massive headaches, I finally made a selection - I chose DePaul because of the prospects in Chicago, strength of program, and strength of legal writing over Cincinnati.

If you are heading to DePaul this fall, please join the discussion and share your thoughts.

zachanson

• View Profile
Re: DePaul Bound! Anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 02:18:46 AM »
how is DePaul among all the schools in Chicago? how does it compare to IIT?

i know DePaul has a good IP program. is it good enough to get IP jobs nationwide?

i would mind practicing in Chicago. it's a nice place. but does it provide many opportunities? seems much less than NYC, DC or CA.

ohioan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 11:42:33 AM »
how is DePaul among all the schools in Chicago? how does it compare to IIT?

i know DePaul has a good IP program. is it good enough to get IP jobs nationwide?

i would mind practicing in Chicago. it's a nice place. but does it provide many opportunities? seems much less than NYC, DC or CA.

In Chicago, DePaul has a great reputation and is well known by the partners at most firms. If IIT Chicago Kent was within $5,000 or so for total cost, I would have selected Kent, but for me the difference was substantial as Kent would not compete with DePaul to get me..so I went with DePaul over Kent. Almost every school you talk to will tell you they have graduates in NY, Chicago, DC, etc., but do your homework and you will find that unless a school is located in that region, or unless it is a national school (top 10-ish) each school will primarily place regionally.  For example, cincinnati was the highest ranked school I got into, but I chose DePaul because Chicago poses so many more opportunities for me and I felt more comfortable at DePaul than Cincinnati. I spent a great deal of time researching schools. I will be offering my materials and the results of my research to anyone who wants it. Just PM me and I will tell you how to get it.

cali_rain

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 09:07:40 PM »
Its in my top 3!  I dont have much more time to decide tho

Mulliganstew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 09:18:06 PM »
Depaul didn't offer enough money so I'm afraid not. Hopefully some of you will get that money instead once I withdraw. :)