Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is anyone doing a summer pre-law program to get ready for 1L?  (Read 1363 times)

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone doing a summer pre-law program to get ready for 1L?
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 06:48:38 PM »
Pre-law programs are a huge waste of time and money.

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone doing a summer pre-law program to get ready for 1L?
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 07:04:44 PM »
My school doesn't rank, but based on my GPA I would assume I am somewhere between 10% and 15%. And none of the people I know that are in the "A average range" strikes me as the obsessive crammers either. I honestly think success in law school is more about focusing on the right stuff than going all gung ho about the reading. Always keep the exams in mind. Don't read to impress your professor when called on, read to impress him on the finals.

Edit: I'll throw in another 2 cents here actually. I went to law school with very little pressure, I don't need class rank, and I do not care about class rank. This is not because I'm a super cool surfer dude from Cali, but simply because I am only taking law school to strengthen the career I had before law school. Thus, no pressure of getting into BigLaw. Somewhat ironically, I think this has helped me. It appears to me that I am "freaking out" a lot less than the other people in my class seems to be, especially come exam time. Maybe anxiousness isn't something people can turn on and off, but if you can, I'm gonna recommend going for off.

thanks for the useful info.