Law School Discussion

taft law school

doctorlaw

Re: taft law school
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2015, 07:33:15 PM »
I agree with a lot of what you said BUT the "having to move the family for 3 years" seems null compared to "having to move the family for the rest of their lives" since CA online law schools are ONLY good in CA. That part seemed odd to me.

It stinks you can't transfer in the credits though, but I still agree you are making the right choice switching to ABA. ESPECIALLY if you don't want to move the family (ABA can be used in your home state)

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2015, 11:18:46 AM »
I do not suggest TAFT Law School to anyone.  Have been accepted, spoken to rude people there, and based on my experience have no desire to  even start.  First impressions tell a lot. No accredidation is the least of my concerns with that school.  Customer service is primary, and if I'm not satisfied now, I will certainly not be confident with them with my education nor money for the next 4 years,

Sincerely, 

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2015, 06:44:26 PM »
I do not suggest TAFT Law School to anyone.  Have been accepted, spoken to rude people there, and based on my experience have no desire to  even start.  First impressions tell a lot. No accredidation is the least of my concerns with that school.  Customer service is primary, and if I'm not satisfied now, I will certainly not be confident with them with my education nor money for the next 4 years,

Sincerely,

Lies. They are Nationally Accredited by an agency recognized by the US dept of education..................pl ease, do avoid a legal career. Please.

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2015, 08:37:12 PM »
I am assuming he meant that Taft is not ABA accredited, which it isn't.

I know nothing about Taft, but I don't think you should expect great customer service from a law school.

It sounds like it is not a fit for OP, but if OP wants to pursue a legal education they should keep looking for a fit.

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2015, 10:39:40 PM »
I am assuming he meant that Taft is not ABA accredited, which it isn't.

I know nothing about Taft, but I don't think you should expect great customer service from a law school.

It sounds like it is not a fit for OP, but if OP wants to pursue a legal education they should keep looking for a fit.

By that math NONE of the online law schools are, and this guy was an idiot for not knowing that going into it.
I can see how being on campus would force more teacher interaction though. To be fair non aba is on campus too though.

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2015, 07:57:56 PM »
In reading some of the responses it seems to me that some of the posts on here might be from persons working at Taft Law School. 

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2015, 10:57:56 PM »
In reading some of the responses it seems to me that some of the posts on here might be from persons working at Taft Law School.
which ones? The one calling people idiots? Yeah, THAT is GREAT marketing..........

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2015, 07:39:52 AM »
Lot of nonsense here:

The only accredited online law school is Concord, but it is not ABA accredited but regionally accredited meaning its JD could be the be accepted as an academic degree by another regionally accredited university.

Having actually acquired your California law license, you are not limited to California law.  You can also engage in federal practice and you do not have to live in California. You can also motion in to the DC bar after 5 years. However, each jurisdiction is different and you will need to do your own research as to what works and what doesn't.  Suffice to say given technology, a lot of lawyers do not physically work or reside in the states in which they are licensed.

Taft Law School unlike many other distance learning law schools, has a long term verifiable record of graduating students who pass the bar:

https://www.taftu.edu/TLS/honoredgrads.htm

Hope this helps.

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2015, 11:16:12 AM »
To be fair a lot of them ARE accredited on the national level (which the US dept of education recognizes as accredited)

The federal practice is 100% Bull though, since you normally have to first be licensed IN THE STATE THE FEDERAL COURT IS IN to practice there. So, unless that federal court is in California anyways..................

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2015, 08:18:08 PM »
"To be fair a lot of them ARE accredited on the national level (which the US dept of education recognizes as accredited"

USDOE accreditation is not useful in any sense to the student.  Regional accreditation means the degree is actually acceptable by other universities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_accreditation

You are mistaken on federal practice.  A number of federal district courts (not all) allow any bar member to join, almost all the federal circuit courts of appeal and SCOTUS only require a bar membership.  Federal agency practice, US Court  of Veterans Appeals,  Military Courts of Appeal, Immigration, US Court of International Trade,  Social Security, all will accept any bar member.