Law School Discussion

taft law school

Re: taft law school
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2015, 09:09:50 PM »
By other universities? You think they all plan to go to LLM/PhD programs or something??

And I speak of the federal courts that I have looked into. You speak of the common misconception that profs teach, but is proven wrong upon application.
VA and SSA don't even require you to have a GED, so those aren't the best examples either.

loki13

• Exterminate all rational thought.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2015, 08:20:20 AM »
"You are mistaken on federal practice.  A number of federal district courts (not all) allow any bar member to join,"

I was uncertain on this, so I looked into this in response to a query in another thread. Every single D.C. I looked at in a brief sample required licensure in the state in which the D.C. was located, or, on occasion, a neighboring state. I did not find a single D.C. in my limited search would allow for "any bar member" to join. I highly recommend doing a thorough search prior to accepting this advice. Short version- I belive this to be wrong, unless you have a very generous definition of "a number."

I do agree that there are other federal bars, including the Supreme Court and the COAs that you can get admitted to by bootstrapping, say, a CalBar admittance- but you should also note that CalBar has really, really, really bad reciprocity.

« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2015, 09:13:57 AM »
Check the reciprocity map on page 5:

http://www.msba.org/uploadedFiles/MSBA/Member_Groups/Sections/Litigation/USDCTMDSurvey0115.pdf

56 district court have no reciprocity
37 have some form of reciprocity

How many are you admitted to?

« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2015, 06:22:35 PM »
Check the reciprocity map on page 5:

http://www.msba.org/uploadedFiles/MSBA/Member_Groups/Sections/Litigation/USDCTMDSurvey0115.pdf

56 district court have no reciprocity
37 have some form of reciprocity

How many are you admitted to?
"some form"
Just go to an ABA school people.

« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2015, 05:56:48 AM »
I deal in facts.  Fact is you can motion into a number of federal district courts which are not in California.  Including some big ones in Illinois, Texas, and Michigan.  Is that viable for most online law grads, nope, but for a few who actually litigate, it can work.

« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2015, 08:06:48 PM »
I deal in facts too, the odds are against them. And most aren't smart enough to check the jurisdictions before enrolling, plus a bunch of other stuff I am sure.

« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2015, 07:01:34 AM »
I deal in facts too, the odds are against them. And most aren't smart enough to check the jurisdictions before enrolling, plus a bunch of other stuff I am sure.

That dear sir is a generalization not a fact leading me to believe that you must be one 'em.

« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2015, 08:30:09 AM »
Generalizations are generally true......ESPECIALLY when dealing with COURT LAWS...........did you even read the conversation before kneejerk responding?
I'm done with this.

Some of the stuff that I said SUPPORTED the schools, some were AGAINST it..........most were just reality.
Most are smart enough to weed that out. Some very obvious people are not, and I suspect they know why.

« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2015, 08:32:35 AM »
Generalizations are generally true......ESPECIALLY when dealing with COURT LAWS...........did you even read the conversation before kneejerk responding?
I'm done with this.

Some of the stuff that I said SUPPORTED the schools, some were AGAINST it..........most were just reality.
Most are smart enough to weed that out. Some very obvious people are not, and I suspect they know why.

"not a fact leading me to believe that you must be one 'em."
And I honestly can't imagine a more backwards uneducated attempt at self defeating ad hominem.............your name proves you aren't a lawyer so just stop.

« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2015, 10:32:35 AM »
"And I honestly can't imagine a more backwards uneducated attempt at self defeating ad hominem.............your name proves you aren't a lawyer so just stop."

Bro how does a "handle" on this board prove anything?