Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CLEO  (Read 1003 times)

Kole0019

• View Profile
CLEO
« on: March 31, 2009, 03:40:25 PM »
Did anyone apply to CLEO and get in...I applied just before the deadline...I saw that others know that they got in I have not heard anything back...excepted that they got my application and requested my report form lsac.org...

so when did you get in?
how do they decide to selected some people and not others?

Thanks

akafuturelawyer

• View Profile
Re: CLEO
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 04:55:18 PM »
Kole0019:

I've been accepted to CLEO.  I applied about 3 - 4 weeks before the deadline, and received my acceptance email about 2 - 3 weeks after applying.  I'm not sure how they decide on who makes it and who doesn't.

Obama2

• Sr. Citizen
  • BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY, Detriot red cleaned up!!
    • View Profile
Re: CLEO
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 12:12:48 PM »
I applied in January and I got in also. From what I hear they use a complicated system to pick students. They pick students with diverse/disadvantage background, those that are nominated by some of the schools they applied to, and etc. The most misconception about CLEO is that its just people with low LSAT scores or African Americans. There are those who attend CLEO that are going to T10 schools and there are people going to tier 4 schools. There are many students with different race as well (white, black, spanish, asian, and etc). So yea they have a complicated system. But I did hear most of those who get accepted are 1st genearation or 2nd generation college students in their family.

If you end up not get in, they have a program called AIE which is 3/4 day seminar which everyone who did not get into CLEO qualifies for. I think, you get all the same benefits as those who took the summer program, except the scholarship part and the placement assistance (if you need it).

This is all just from what I have gathered so far, so take it with a grain of salt!!
Feeling like Detriot Red cleaned up!!