Law School Discussion

Saint Louis University Schoolof Law Class of '12

*K

Re: Saint Louis University Schoolof Law Class of '12
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2009, 11:48:06 PM »
I am a 3L at SLU (for another few days!!!) and just wanted to note how happy I am with my decision to attend SLU.  During my time at SLU I was a student ambassador so some of you may have met me on your tour or at Admitted Student Weekend.  That's not why I am posting here though, I promise!  I just know that I would have loved to have some insider perspective before I started school.  If you have questions you can e-mail me at karenrippelmeyer@gmail.com.  Good luck to all of you and welcome to SLU for all of those who are coming in the fall!

P.S. This post should give you some idea of what it's like to be a law student during finals -- It's a Saturday night and I'm home studying but needed a break so I'm searching for young slu lawyers on google and ended up here. 

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2009, 08:01:33 AM »
I am a 3L at SLU (for another few days!!!) and just wanted to note how happy I am with my decision to attend SLU.  During my time at SLU I was a student ambassador so some of you may have met me on your tour or at Admitted Student Weekend.  That's not why I am posting here though, I promise!  I just know that I would have loved to have some insider perspective before I started school.  If you have questions you can e-mail me at karenrippelmeyer@gmail.com.  Good luck to all of you and welcome to SLU for all of those who are coming in the fall!

P.S. This post should give you some idea of what it's like to be a law student during finals -- It's a Saturday night and I'm home studying but needed a break so I'm searching for young slu lawyers on google and ended up here. 

Do you have a job already?  How much does it pay? 

Do most of your classmates have a legal job lined up?

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2009, 08:36:12 AM »
i just made the decision to go to SLU over WashU as well. In the end, the $$$ is not chump change ($20k/year in loans at SLU b/c of scholarship vs 60K/yr at WashU) and I really do want to stay in the St. Louis area.
Can anyone tell me more about health law? What kind of jobs are common/available to people that get these (or other) certificates?