Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What's the Point of Law School?  (Read 1949 times)

Jake_MONDATTA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What's the Point of Law School?
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 05:33:53 PM »
Also, how hilarious is it that we are forced to spend hundreds of dollars on a case book in which probably 80-90% of the material is freely available to all via the public record?  

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 08:15:18 PM »
Also, it's a really good way to keep people who are relatively undedicated out of an disproportionately powerful profession. we like it difficult because it keeps lazy bumblers out.

See if you still belive that after you have spent a year with your new classmates

Yeah...... take a look at them................ Now take a look at the general public... :(

Now that's a sad statement of fact.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

linquest

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 05:05:25 PM »
...because most states have made it a requirement to be admitted to the Bar and to practice.  And think of all those poor universities that would lose their cash cow!
Fed gov't atty

haulin_oats

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 09:11:10 PM »
Here's my proposal and I think it's a good proposal. The final term of law school is pretty much a waste. There are clinicals and electives and, for the most part, you've learned what you're going to learn. Why don't law schools offer a Bar review course to third year students as part of the curriculum during their final semester? If we pay for law school we should be able to leave law school ready for the Bar without needing to drop another several thousand dollars for a separate course. Why don't schools do this? I'm sure they're getting big kickbacks from BarBri and Kaplan to whore themselves ouside of the Library every day, but @#!* them and I'm sure we coud work their materials into the cours.

What say you? Good idea or bad idea?

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 10:35:58 AM »
Here's my proposal and I think it's a good proposal. The final term of law school is pretty much a waste. There are clinicals and electives and, for the most part, you've learned what you're going to learn. Why don't law schools offer a Bar review course to third year students as part of the curriculum during their final semester? If we pay for law school we should be able to leave law school ready for the Bar without needing to drop another several thousand dollars for a separate course. Why don't schools do this? I'm sure they're getting big kickbacks from BarBri and Kaplan to whore themselves ouside of the Library every day, but @#!* them and I'm sure we coud work their materials into the cours.

What say you? Good idea or bad idea?

Some schools do, I'm taking my schools version right now. Covers the MBE subjects but not the MEE subjects.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.