Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: W&L v. Ohio State ($$)  (Read 857 times)

WashLaw

• View Profile
W&L v. Ohio State ($$)
« on: March 30, 2009, 11:14:06 PM »
So here is my dilemma: I'm an Ohio resident who got accepted to Ohio State with a half ride and George Mason with no money. I want to go to GMU because I really want to live in the DC/Virginia area and ideally clerk, but the thought of 60K of extra debt is not appealing. I wouldn't mind OSU as such: the atmosphere sounds fun enough, but I worry that I'll be stuck in Ohio for the rest of life. I'd also really like to clerk, and it seems that GMU has the advantage there. So what are your thoughts? Is the 60k extra worth it?

Kole0019

• View Profile
Re: George Mason v. Ohio State ($$)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 03:24:01 PM »
I think that you have to take that leap of faith and go to GM than stay in Ohio...if you to work out the east coast...go to Ohio it would be really hard to do that...I think that Ohio is regional school so you work around the different states... so don't think that go to ohio you will be stuck in ohio

WashLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 04:44:07 PM »
Well I do understand that OSU if regional, but Indiana, Kentucky, and West Virginia are not that much more appealing. No offense to the midwest, but after 20 years there I'm reasdy to leave.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 05:50:37 PM »
If you want to work in DC/Virginia, go to GMU.  And really, it's not close.
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

WashLaw

• View Profile
Re: W&L v. Ohio State ($$)
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 07:43:56 PM »
Ok, I'm gonna resurrect this thread in the interest of not cluttering the boards more than absolutely necessary. What do you guys think of W&L? I just got off the waitlist there and am very happy, but I'm worried about employment prospects. It seems that the school is losing some its power (and I'm not judging purely by US News). Should I go ahead and take it with the $150 k debt?

ohioan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 11:54:21 AM »
I did not get into either and I would have really liked to. As an Ohio resident, I would have chosen OSU, unless you want to work in Washington DC. Mason is very good too, and if they had particular programs of interest, then that is your best choice. Consider the debt, but also consider where you will feel more comfortable and be able to do your best. Ultimately, nothing else matters as much as where you will do your best (IMO)

Cheers