Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: National Jurist  (Read 366 times)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
National Jurist
« on: March 28, 2009, 03:41:39 PM »
What does everyone think about "The National Jurist"? We have them laying around the law school for the taking, and I usually grab one to skim. I've noticed that the entire magazine seems to be for pushing either bad LLMs from bad schools or the bad schools themselves.

The last issue, about most diverse faculty, cited Cooley's rankings and talks up the 3 highly diverse law schools in PR, while contrasting them to UC Davis in a way that seems intended to make Davis look bad.

It also brought up Thomas Jefferson School of Law several times, highlighted some guy that goes to Mississippi College, another that graduated from NYLS, and pushed for more required legal writing (yeah, great, let's just require legal writting for the whole 3 years so everyone always wants to kill themselves all the time...).
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: National Jurist
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 02:26:42 PM »
Yea I've read it a few times, it seems like its main purpse is to sell adds and include a few caned artciles, I think its geared more for UG types. Student Lawyer, American lawyer (outraguoisly expensinve though) and the ABA mag are all better for giving you an indea of what the legal realities are out there in the real world.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.