Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is there anything I can infer from a "decision rendered" on my status checker  (Read 5397 times)

wvu10is

• View Profile
besides the fact that the school has in fact rendered a decision. I ask this because I am away from my house and will not be able to check the mail for several days. I assume this message does not mean anything but this is the first school where I have utilized the online status checker.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
what school is it? at some schools they call everyone they accept so...
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

wvu10is

• View Profile
Houston

iPhoneAddict

• View Profile
I received an email offering "Congratulations!" on the same day my status changed to "Decision Rendered."  I don't think there is good news waiting in your mailbox.  Sorry.
Waiting on my first choice...

sc0009

• View Profile
From my experience, there are three responses.  1) Congratulations!!!  2) Decision Rendered  3) Denied.  I believe that decision rendered means Wait Listed.  Dont quote me on this.  I have a friend who got rejected via online status and I have gotten rejected via online status and both times is said "Denied" or some variation.  I did get wait listed via online status and it said "decison rendered"

SS451

• View Profile
It completely depends on the school. I got an acceptance letter from a school, found that the online status checker had previously been changed to "Decision" without my having seen it (I was not checking this particular school's site all that often), and did not receive any non-snail mail communication about it for something like a week and a half after getting the initial letter. So I would say no news is not necessarily bad news, and you should wait until you can get back to check your mail before thinking you know what the decision is.

iPhoneAddict

• View Profile
From my experience, there are three responses.  1) Congratulations!!!  2) Decision Rendered  3) Denied.  I believe that decision rendered means Wait Listed.  Dont quote me on this.  I have a friend who got rejected via online status and I have gotten rejected via online status and both times is said "Denied" or some variation.  I did get wait listed via online status and it said "decison rendered"

My status checker said "Decision Rendered" the same day I received my email of acceptance.  "Decision Rendered" does not necessarily mean "Waitlist" at UHLC.
Waiting on my first choice...

wvu10is

• View Profile
whomever said waitlist was correct. Not as bad as what I was thinking after reading the replies. Still have a shot. LOCI time!

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
Good luck!
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

theonlygirlphilosopher

• View Profile
On a related note, if my OSU status still says "referred" (since freaking February), is there anything I can assume from that?  A rejection or waitlist perhaps?

And why haven't I heard from Kent yet?