Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How many and what are the best books to buy for 1L classes?  (Read 5432 times)

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
Re: How many and what are the best books to buy for 1L classes?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 05:30:55 PM »
I find this thread to be full of weird advice. If I had to pick between supplements or case books, I'd go with the supplements every day of the week.

Dude, what are you talking about?  Most of the people in this thread are endorsing supplements!  I think you're inferring things that are not present....

I've decided to simply ignore k0em9u in the future, as virtually none of their posts make any sense.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 07:46:08 PM »
I've decided to simply ignore k0em9u in the future, as virtually none of their posts make any sense.

None of "their" posts make sense?   :D

Honestly, I don't really know this poster.  I'm not on here as regularly as I used to be.  I'll give him/her
the benefit of the doubt still, as it's only one post....

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2009, 07:48:35 PM »
what? I'm trying to work in the gender neutral "they" I hate "/": his/her, s/he... 8)

ETA: some punctuation so it doesn't look like I hate k0em9u. I don't I just don't understand them. at all.
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 08:43:18 PM »
what? I'm trying to work in the gender neutral "they" I hate / his/her, s/he... 8)

Haha. 

k0em9u

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2009, 07:44:57 PM »
I find this thread to be full of weird advice. If I had to pick between supplements or case books, I'd go with the supplements every day of the week.

Dude, what are you talking about?  Most of the people in this thread are endorsing supplements!  I think you're inferring things that are not present....

Most, but not all. Wasn't intended to be an attack or a summary of people for and against supplements or anything. Simply stating the opinion that supplements do you more good than case books do. You're free to disagree, that was simply my experience

None of "their" posts make sense?   :D

Honestly, I don't really know this poster.  I'm not on here as regularly as I used to be.  I'll give him/her

Not sure if I'm being stalked or it is just too obvious, but we are in fact two people posting from this account. One current 1L and one '08 graduate who is not yet fired from her job (yay!).
Sue me female dog, I know a lawyer.

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2009, 08:32:42 PM »

Most, but not all. Wasn't intended to be an attack or a summary of people for and against supplements or anything. Simply stating the opinion that supplements do you more good than case books do. You're free to disagree, that was simply my experience

None of "their" posts make sense?   :D

Not sure if I'm being stalked or it is just too obvious, but we are in fact two people posting from this account. One current 1L and one '08 graduate who is not yet fired from her job (yay!).

this just begs more questions than it answers...

k0em9u

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2009, 08:34:58 PM »
Any questions in particular?
Sue me female dog, I know a lawyer.

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2009, 08:46:12 PM »

I never thought you intended any ill will towards anyone via your comment.  However, I perused the entire thread after you made the comment, and it still doesn't make much sense, which was the reason for my first reply to your comment.  Even if it's true that some people disagree with you, you admit that most people in this thread stated that supplements are better.  So it's odd for you to make a statement along the lines of, "I can't believe that the percentage of people who would take supplements over casebooks isn't 100," since you're rarely going to find a unanimity on anything in life, especially on a law students' forum. 

And no, I agree with you entirely.  Supplements are much better. 

Yeah, I had no clue that 2 people are posting from this account.  That's interesting.  Why not just use 2 separate user names?

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2009, 11:30:16 PM »
So I AM psychic!!
LSN

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2009, 12:54:19 PM »

[/quote]

Yeah, I had no clue that 2 people are posting from this account.  That's interesting.  Why not just use 2 separate user names?
[/quote]

yeah, this one...