Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cal Western or Thomas J…  (Read 33187 times)

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Cal Western or Thomas J…
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2009, 10:36:11 AM »
I want the time I spent reading this page refunded.

That's about as likely as getting your seat deposits back. :)

It's a little late in the game for me at this point.  Not that it matters.
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

Cloud'nBolt

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2009, 11:35:56 AM »
I said you havent contributed anything in your last 6 posts, not that you have never contributed anything at all. see below. ;)
Ninja1, PLEASE tell me how you have added anything constructive to the conversation of "Cal Western or Thomas Jefferson" in your last 6 POSTS on this thread.

TJ Troll, before he deleted his posts, contributed by saying
(1) Attrition rates are ridiculously high for both schools
(2) Admissions reps sometimes fudge information about the “Other” column of attrition rates and LASC is probably going to start cracking down in the future

My hat goes off to him for contributing to the conversation. If you could add any points (good or bad) about either schools, id love to hear them. 

Hahaha whos the new guy?! Welcome T Durden to the thread labeled “Cal Western or Thomas J…”. I see you, like many others before, have nothing constructive to add. Im sure you’ll find yourself right at home…
When I try to find a logical reason why a Tier1 or Tier2 student would be on a TIER4 discussion thread with nothing constructive to ADD, I begin to wonder about the character of these individuals. Maybe you had issues growing up, or maybe you weren’t hugged enough as a child, I don’t know. But im finding it much easy to laugh, smile and wink at you CrackerJacks than to attempt to have a real conversation. Sometimes you just cant reason with the people with issues.  :)

;)

Thank you Mathies. I, as well as im sure a lot of contemplative individuals, truly appreciate the insight

Most folks also appreciate passable spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

Hey I got disablity stop repressing me!  >:(

The previous was for Cloud'nBolt, you do fine. Most of your s/g/p mistakes look like mine when I've just been drinking too much, which is totally forgivable.

how likely is it that 'ole Cloud'nBolt here would fail a hypothetical LSAT section testing the examinee's ability to choose the context-appropriate emoticon? 96%? 97%?

this thread is unbelievable.

Cloud'nBolt getting more "props" every day.  You hate to make over generalizations about people who vigorously promote and defend these schools, but why do these always end up clueless fools?  :'(

We do add something, it's just not what you want to hear.

Cloud'nBolt

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2009, 03:26:47 AM »
I stand behind everything that I have ever written. I have been here on this thread since the beginning, and have seen ignorant superiority complex fools like you, come and go. I deleted only the long irrelevant posts detailing HOW people like you are clowns. I figure that a reasonably intelligent person, would see the ignorance of the statements people like you make. And yes, I do believe a statement like “Nothing good ever comes out of X law school” is a very ignorant statement, especially when you have no experience in those specific law schools you chose to criticizes. You think Im “hurt” by what you say?! Hahaha  :D, I don’t think now is the time for jokes. To be honest, im actually more “concerned” that there are ignorant people such as yourself in the legal profession. And to think, I use to wonder why lawyers had such a bad reputation in society. Too bad they don’t test ignorance on the LSAT, or at least weed it out somewhere in law school.

Cloud'nBolt

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2009, 06:47:16 PM »
In the beginning, TJ Troll did contribute to the conversation by saying both schools have a large attrition rate.I latter gave him credit for that in another post. I initially challenged him on that because he combined the “Academic Attrition” with the “Other Attrition”.  His exaggerations were that they were both one in the same, and ignored the POSSIBILITY that there could have been other reasons for not making it through besides academics. Ultimately, it’s a grey area, and nothing can be said for certain, however it does warrant caution and consideration. His exaggerations and distortions of fact in other comments he made lead to holes in his argument, and without factual information to back up what he was saying, he high-tailed it out of the thread, taking his posts with him. That’s when YOU came in the picture, without skipping a beat, picking up where he left off. And to be honest, I think YOU are TJ Troll. I believe you deleted all of your post under TJ Troll because you knew that your argument contained too many holes to defend, so you cut your losses, and came back as “Reality”, essentially agreeing with yourself (TJTROLL) and picked up where you left off without the need to address my argument against you.  The poster that claimed to know 2 transfer Cal Western students and have 2 TJSL buddies was TJ Troll initially. But maybe that is just a coincidence right? Or maybe you forgot which alias you said it under?
You claim that your transferring pals would “readily admit there are sever problems at both programs that the administration has glossed over”??? All these opportunities you have had to present those problems (more than one), yet all you have contributed was high attrition rates. I question the truthfulness of your “first hand experience“, I would be pleasantly surprised if you proved me wrong and provided some of their opinions. However given your track record on providing information, Im not expecting much out of you…

Cloud'nBolt

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2009, 09:35:31 PM »
I wish I did have proof, or at least quoted you on it at the time, like most people do.

Seriously, its like pulling teeth from a freakin chicken! Out of all these “sever problems” that you reference to, all you got is that Cal Western is LOOSING its status in the legal market.I strongly question that. Cal Western has a good name for itself in the SD community. it’s not the best if someone wanted to practice big law in another big city, but its well respected here at home.

Cloud'nBolt

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2009, 02:13:25 PM »
Hahaha  :D.I would have proof if you stopped deleting and modifying your post! I read your post last night, but was a little busy to respond back at the time, however I like how you modified it ever so slightly. I  noticed that you originally wished me the best of luck (or something like that)…I see that was taken out as well… :'(.

Yea, the nearly 40% attrition rate was already given, I was initially criticizing Reality, for not contributing anything new. I was slightly hopeful that your “NON-imaginary pals” could provide a little more than speculation about the legal market. To answer your question, I don’t believe that simply being the oldest law school in a given area inclines that law school to dominate the legal market. I believe that other consideration have to be taken.
I HAVE talked with hiring partners at local firms, and despite there preference to big name law schools, they still have a large percentage of employees from both of these law schools, one more so than the other.  Just because I have friends who are on the faculty of both schools, doesn’t mean that that is where I draw my information from. But that is certainly a nice exaggeration.   

I wish I did have proof, or at least quoted you on it at the time, like most people do.

Seriously, its like pulling teeth from a freakin chicken! Out of all these “sever problems” that you reference to, all you got is that Cal Western is LOOSING its status in the legal market.I strongly question that. Cal Western has a good name for itself in the SD community. it’s not the best if someone wanted to practice big law in another big city, but its well respected here at home.

You don't have "proof" because none ever existed.  Copy that into your secret WORD file, or did you lie about that as well?

40% of the class missing by graduation is a "severe problem" period.

How can you see not see the connection?  Local employers know that the lowered admission standards at these schools ultimately leads to fewer graduates they are willing to hire.  Don't you think that as graduates of the oldest law school in the area that Cal Western alumni would dominate the local legal market?  Know why they don't?  Simply put, those in charge of hiring question the quality of the graduates from a program that accepts anyone with a pulse.  They are just hiring from other schools without such sordid reputations.  If you look at local firms you will see TJSL and Cal Western graduates, just very few are recent graduates (within the last 10 years).  Why?  local firms won't go very deep into a class at these subpar programs for hiring purposes, because they have infinitely better options elsewhere.  THAT IS ANOTHER SEVERE PROBLEM.

Seriously, you clearly haven't done your homework, its pretty clear.  Talking to the bookstore lady and some clowns in the admissions office is useless.  Track down hiring partners at local firms, buy them lunch... they'll tell you what everybody else but you seems to know about the limited future of the graduates of these fine programs.

Your inability to grasp the connections between these schools' deficiencies and how it effects the futures of their graduates is plain staggering.  You've been fun to play with, but this is just futile. 

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2009, 05:00:16 PM »
This is quite a pissing contest you two have going on.
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2009, 05:34:12 PM »
This is quite a pissing contest you two have going on.

A pointless one at that... I surrender to his stupidity and seemingly endless imagination

Well there's usually not a prize for winning a pissing contest.  Think of it that way.

T. Durden

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2009, 05:51:13 PM »
Cal Western is LOOSING its status in the legal market

this thread is pure LSD gold

Cloud'nBolt

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2009, 01:14:41 AM »
I know what you wrote, the fact that you are denying it really doesn’t matter. Delete out if you want, I wouldn’t claim a “victory” or even “winning”. I don’t think it is a matter of who wins or looses. It was suppose to be about hearing the good and/or the bad, the fact that you provided very little throughout this long and lengthy process, leads me to believe that we all lost in some little way. I feel bad for those students that started reading this thread in hopes of getting much out of it, to only find that it was mainly two opposing sides bickering over insignificant details.  It is still possible to get something out of this thread if one was to read between the insults and question what both sides are presenting, researching it further on their own. Im sorry to hear that you feel you have wasted your time, but im afraid I don’t share in your sentiments. Ive actually had an enjoyable time talking smack back and forth, and although its never about winning, I admit It does make me smile to know that I have gotten under your skin  :).

There are successful law firms which have a “large percentage”(my words) of TJSL or CWSL graduates, however its not like I know exact numbers of those firms to classify it as “primarily”(your words).  I notice that you have recently stated accusing me of having a wild imagination and making stuff up, after I questioned the truthfulness of your “TJSL and CWSL pals”.  Way to turn that one around on me.

Cal Western coming in dead last in ANY measurement huh? That’s a rather bold statement to make. I guess that’s  really dependant on who you ask.

You said “ Talking to the bookstore lady and some clowns in administration is useless”
I replied with “ Just because I have friends who are on the faculty of both schools, doesn’t mean that is where I draw my information from”.
I really don’t see how you over generalized that to an “all” statement. But out of all these posts, you pick a great time to be sarcastic…

Good thing your not in the profession of teaching…
(1) Where did I dismiss the attrition rate issue, I even gave credit to “TJTroll” on April 11th for initially providing that contribution. The Attrition Rate IS a serious problem, but you also have to look at the many factors that go into that. Taking things at face value, regardless of what subject it pertains to, is foolish.
(2) I questioned your “NON-imaginary TJSL and CWSL pals” from the start. Bottom line, without you personally speaking from experience, it doesn’t mean as much.
(3) You truly don’t believe that there are firms out there that are composed of a large percentage of CWSL or TJSL grads! I find your inability to even consider it a possibility a sign of your ignorance. You can think what you please about the truthfulness of my claims,  however I wont bring the names of firms into this circus, sorry.   
(4) You did present how you think that both schools are at the bottom of the Tier 4 system and their respective markets. That contribution is all you.  Congratulations! Whether or not that is an accurate statement, is another matter. But you gave it your best, good job! Gold star for you!  ;)

Like I said before, I started this post mostly to hear the dirt. We have all heard the good parts of both schools, but its extremely rare to find the negative. Despite my open-mindedness to hear all the horrible things you have to say, I only expect that you can back it up, That has proved to be extremely difficult for you to do.

No one is forcing anyone to read these posts, if they find it ridiculous or a waste of time, they can simply stop reading them. Reality, you are more than welcome to leave anytime, sorry for taking precious moments of your life that you will never get back. WOAHAHAHA!… But I have the feeling that if you weren’t here, you would have been in some other similar thread with the same attitude.