Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cal Western or Thomas JÖ  (Read 35588 times)

cconnoll

• AOL Instant Messenger - tgrdbsktprep31
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cal Western or Thomas JÖ
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2009, 07:12:27 PM »
I'm not going to wade into this beyond saying that that's a cute dog.  :)

Okay, sorry for the diversion.  Please continue.

lol. Rudy is a QT. BL825, do you think I am waaaay off base with my comments? i have read yours, and respect your views, and thus, appreciate your constructive criticism.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2009, 08:30:46 PM »
cal western is a tier4 because it has no under-grad institution to pull resources and name recognition from. I met a 3l who is middle of the class, and has a good gig lined up in new york. dont listen to all the haters on TLS....so I got a 154, 5 years out of law school, its the people who can network and carry a conversation, not the book-worms who lurch these cites hating on any threader who dare ask a question about a t3 or t4

No undergrad doesn't help, but that's not Cal Western's big weakness, just another one of many.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2009, 11:12:13 PM »

lol. Rudy is a QT. BL825, do you think I am waaaay off base with my comments? i have read yours, and respect your views, and thus, appreciate your constructive criticism.

Well I don't know enough about West Coast schools to comment specifically.  My general feeling is that there are a small number of schools where people get handed things just for attending, but that an unfortunately large number of people think that that is indicative of how things work at law schools in general.  If you have a realistic strategy in mind when you go to law school, then I think you're generally okay.

Oh, and I like to think that some of us book-worms can carry a conversation, thank you very much.  ;)
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2009, 09:31:20 AM »

Well I don't know enough about West Coast schools to comment specifically.  My general feeling is that there are a small number of schools where people get handed things just for attending, but that an unfortunately large number of people think that that is indicative of how things work at law schools in general. 

This is key, and one of the biggest reasons people coming out of T4 schools (and to a large degree people at non T4 school who like to trash them) have problems. The vast majority of pre law and law students think you get a job primarily through OCI. Yes at top schools you do, even some T2ís you might have a good shot. But that is NOT how most law students, and especially law students at T4 get jobs. The sooner they realize this, and start networking the better off them will be.

Unfortunately many, likely even most students donít get this even up to the point of being 3Lís (when nits too late to make a difference). Those people get stuck with taking whatever they can get, usually crap jobs, not so much because of the school, but in spite of themselves. To be successful at a lower ranked school you have to throw out about 90% of the job searching advice on boards like this, because it only applies to students at higher ranked schools.

If you take their advice and plan your job search around OCI and mass mailing, youíre going to be as doomed as everyone says you will, because thatís just a stupid plan when you school has no rep to float you. So donít follow that path or else you will be a statistic, understand that its imperative to make things happen for yourself from day one at a lower ranked school.

And Ninja, stop being an ass. All your doing is trashing schools you have never been to in markets you have never worked in, went you have yet to even get a summer job for yourself for no other reasons than you can. If you get your jollies from being the internet tough guy TTT trasher thatís fine, but any respect I had for you on this board is quickly waning. Yes, people need to be aware of the what they are taking on going to a T4 school, but you can do that, and provide advice, or you can just bash to make yourself feel better because these people are one or two of the few posters that go to schools ranked lower than ours.  :P
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2009, 03:44:46 PM »

And Ninja, stop being an ass. All your doing is trashing schools you have never been to in markets you have never worked in, went you have yet to even get a summer job for yourself for no other reasons than you can. If you get your jollies from being the internet tough guy TTT trasher thatís fine, but any respect I had for you on this board is quickly waning. Yes, people need to be aware of the what they are taking on going to a T4 school, but you can do that, and provide advice, or you can just bash to make yourself feel better because these people are one or two of the few posters that go to schools ranked lower than ours.  :P

I'll continue to do as I please. It's the internet, try not to take it too seriously.

Your respect means little to me. Again, internet. Any of us with over 1000 posts should receive little respect from anyone, as we've clearly wasted too much of our lives on this trivial nonsense.

I just calls it like I sees it. It's not my fault that virtually all of the T4 and most of the T3 are total pieces of *&^%.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2009, 04:15:04 PM »

I'll continue to do as I please. It's the internet, try not to take it too seriously.

Your respect means little to me. Again, internet. Any of us with over 1000 posts should receive little respect from anyone, as we've clearly wasted too much of our lives on this trivial nonsense.

I just calls it like I sees it. It's not my fault that virtually all of the T4 and most of the T3 are total pieces of poo.

Meh, unlike you Iíve earned my respect on here by giving advice about things Iíve actually done on not talking out my ass about things I have not. Continue to do as you please, but donít except me to not call you on it when it appears your only reasons to do so is so you have somebody below you pick on, so you can play internet tough guy. The ďIím doing it to protect people who donít know any betterĒ BS line is wearing thin when offer nothing new or constructive in your response, this is a school specfic thread on a school specfic baord, save that *&^% for the general board, I'd jump someone *&^% just the same if they did it on your schools specific board. People should be able to talk about thier own school on a school specific thread free of trolls. And yea, I am the self appointed LSD police.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2009, 06:49:14 PM »

I just calls it like I sees it. It's not my fault that virtually all of the T4 and most of the T3 are total pieces of poo.

The tier distinctions are rather silly as far as I'm concerned.  The USNWR rankings really should do some kind of geographic breakdown.
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2009, 04:58:54 PM »

Meh, unlike you Iíve earned my respect on here by giving advice about things Iíve actually done on not talking out my ass about things I have not. Continue to do as you please, but donít except me to not call you on it when it appears your only reasons to do so is so you have somebody below you pick on, so you can play internet tough guy. The ďIím doing it to protect people who donít know any betterĒ BS line is wearing thin when offer nothing new or constructive in your response, this is a school specfic thread on a school specfic baord, save that *&^% for the general board, I'd jump someone *&^% just the same if they did it on your schools specific board. People should be able to talk about thier own school on a school specific thread free of trolls. And yea, I am the self appointed LSD police.

Yes, you're so worldly, and you take 3 hours to drive to Boulder from Denver. Unimpressive.

Congrats, you're respected by a bunch of people that may or may not be who they say they are and that you have never personally met. Again, trite.

Trolling is different from interjecting with valid points.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2009, 05:02:13 PM »

The tier distinctions are rather silly as far as I'm concerned.  The USNWR rankings really should do some kind of geographic breakdown.

I agree, but I think they have some merit in most cases. Not a lot of merit, mind you, but some. They'd probably be more meaningful if not for the arbitrary cut off points, especially at the T1/2 to T3 line. I mean, Albany, Arkansas, Buffalo, Ole Miss, and Syracuse (and many others) are all good enough schools, but in any given year, they can seemingly randomly go from being T2 to T3, which makes little sense. That's probably half the reason USNWR officially did away with the T1 to T2 line, since there's probably even less of a difference between 40 and 60.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2009, 05:03:55 PM »

Yes, you're so worldly, and you take 3 hours to drive to Boulder from Denver. Unimpressive.

Congrats, you're respected by a bunch of people that may or may not be who they say they are and that you have never personally met. Again, trite.

Trolling is different from interjecting with valid points.

valid? where? twat.

Even less meaningful than most of my posts.

Does it take long to delete your posts every few days?