Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: how miserable is life at harvard? :)  (Read 3001 times)

Resident CLS Troll

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: how miserable is life at harvard? :)
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 03:29:50 PM »
I didn't get into Harvard, but I chose Boalt over some of those other East Coast schools (Columbia et al.) for a lot of the reasons you mentioned (family, friends, significant other all in the Bay Area, already lived here and liked it, etc.), so that's where I'm coming from. The opportunities at Harvard certainly outweigh those at Boalt, perhaps significantly if you're shooting for ultra-competitive things. No question about that. That said, it depends on what you want out of your career. You will have stellar opportunities coming out of both, especially if you figure out what you want and push to make it happen.

:'(

dashrashi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: how miserable is life at harvard? :)
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 06:16:35 PM »
I don't think you'd be crazy to choose Boalt, but I don't think it should be because you worry about your classmates at HLS being lame.

Cosigned 100%.

(also agree re your tangent. also agree re always something on the totem pole. If I could just be fine with my chosen career path then I wouldn't have to study at all for any class ever. I'm all set. But of course now it kinda sounds like clerking might be fun, blah blah blah. Argh. I hate this aspect of myself. So easily swayed to never get off the treadmill!)
This sig kills fascists.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=dashrashi

Saw dashrashi's LSN site. Since she seems to use profanity, one could say that HYP does not necessarily mean class or refinement.