Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why asking "Have u applied a prior year"  (Read 1627 times)

aza

• View Profile
Why asking "Have u applied a prior year"
« on: March 26, 2009, 01:04:30 PM »
Why do law schools care about whether we have applied for them before?  If we answer yes, are they seriously gonna dig out our old files to compare or what?

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Why asking "Have u applied a prior year"
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 10:40:45 PM »
Why do law schools care about whether we have applied for them before?  If we answer yes, are they seriously gonna dig out our old files to compare or what?

Probably. Why waste time making another decision if you have already decided once, especially if there's no new LSAT or other pertinent information on the board?
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

aza

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 01:30:24 PM »

Probably. Why waste time making another decision if you have already decided once, especially if there's no new LSAT or other pertinent information on the board?

make sense.  They must have really big storage rooms to keep the files, even only for five years!

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 03:59:34 PM »

make sense.  They must have really big storage rooms to keep the files, even only for five years!

Hi, nice to meet you. My name is a computer. People are able to do all sorts of fun things with me, including using this thingamagig called a scanner to create electronic files of documents, eliminating the need to keep piles and piles of paper...radical!

aza

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 07:18:55 PM »

Hi, nice to meet you. My name is a computer. People are able to do all sorts of fun things with me, including using this thingamagig called a scanner to create electronic files of documents, eliminating the need to keep piles and piles of paper...radical!

Ok, u got a sense of humor.  I got it ;D

Anyone knows how long do they usually keep the files?

BarryLaine

• Sr. Citizen
  • "My aim is true..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 07:31:59 PM »
The dean of admissions at UIUC is posting/answering questions on TLS.  He was asked about previous applications and said he didn't look at the old one; however, that's obviously not necessarily representative.  I assume that if an adcomm looked at a previous application they would want to make sure it wasn't simply a "resend" with no new info (ie: LSAT score) or new essays...

aza

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 08:41:49 PM »
The dean of admissions at UIUC is posting/answering questions on TLS.  He was asked about previous applications and said he didn't look at the old one; however, that's obviously not necessarily representative.  I assume that if an adcomm looked at a previous application they would want to make sure it wasn't simply a "resend" with no new info (ie: LSAT score) or new essays...

thx

bambi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 02:23:54 PM »
Are they gonna delete those old files after like three years or they will keep them like forever?

woeisme

• Sr. Citizen
  • Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 01:20:47 AM »

There was this girl who applied ED to a school got waitlisted, then reapplied ED and was admitted. Anecdotal stories are fun.
Cornell Law School Class of 2011 ... ftw.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 03:39:25 AM »

There was this girl who applied ED to a school got waitlisted, then reapplied ED and was admitted. Anecdotal stories are fun.

True nuf. We have a guy that got waitlisted and nothing more at FSU and UF last year, reapplied this year, and got into both with nothing new besides a year of work experience. Dedication to the cause maybe?
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.