Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: William and Mary Waitlist  (Read 9717 times)

lovelyjj

• View Profile
Re: William and Mary Waitlist
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 08:41:28 PM »
I received an e-mail saying that they received a lot more applications this year. I really wonder why more people apply to law schools in this bad economy.  :P

subgdubb

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 08:53:06 PM »
I'm waitlisted at W&M too. I just got another rec letter sent in today, so maybe that will help.

manyquestionz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 03:02:43 PM »
Anyone hear back from WM yet?

Also, did any of you guys visit and meet with one of their admissions staff?

WashLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2009, 04:20:42 PM »
Haven't heard back. Still waiting...

diamondseries

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 11:44:59 PM »
So I made it on their wait list too.  Does anyone have an idea about how the process works or how many people they usually take each year.  Also has anyone planned or gone to meet with a representative from campus?

manyquestionz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 09:30:41 AM »
I got a response. See below. :-[ Does this mean I'm pretty much hopeless?

Also, did anyone receive a differenty type of E-mail/letter from them?

------------------
Dear XXX

When you were placed on the wait list for admission to William & Mary Law School, you were advised that favorable action could be taken on your application only in the event of openings in the class. We are currently over-committed in the Class of 2012 based on deposits paid. We may be able to admit some wait listed students if we receive withdrawals, so we will continue to maintain an active wait list throughout the summer.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the number of spaces, if any, that will become available. Please let us know if you have elected to enroll in another law school.  Dean Neal Wixson is the primary contact for wait list correspondence.

We appreciate your interest in William & Mary Law School and regret being unable to take favorable action on your application at this time. It has been an extremely competitive year with our applications continuing at record levels.

Sincerely,

Neal E. Wixson
Assistant Dean for Admission
(757) 221-3307
newixs@wm.edu

Jennifer M. Thurston
(757) 221-3811
jmthurston@wm.edu

Faye F. Shealy
Associate Dean for Admission
(757) 221-3784
ffshea@wm.edu

WashLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 10:08:44 AM »
I got a response. See below. :-[ Does this mean I'm pretty much hopeless?

Also, did anyone receive a differenty type of E-mail/letter from them?

------------------
Dear XXX

When you were placed on the wait list for admission to William & Mary Law School, you were advised that favorable action could be taken on your application only in the event of openings in the class. We are currently over-committed in the Class of 2012 based on deposits paid. We may be able to admit some wait listed students if we receive withdrawals, so we will continue to maintain an active wait list throughout the summer.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the number of spaces, if any, that will become available. Please let us know if you have elected to enroll in another law school.  Dean Neal Wixson is the primary contact for wait list correspondence.

We appreciate your interest in William & Mary Law School and regret being unable to take favorable action on your application at this time. It has been an extremely competitive year with our applications continuing at record levels.

Sincerely,

Neal E. Wixson
(757) 221-3307
newixs@wm.edu

Jennifer M. Thurston
(757) 221-3811
jmthurston@wm.edu

Faye F. Shealy
Associate Dean for Admission
(757) 221-3784
ffshea@wm.edu

I got the same email; i think everyone on the wait list did. I don't know about hopeless, but it probably means that our chances are not terrific. I guess you should just shoot them an email telling them your situation and hope for the best.

diamondseries

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 10:24:01 AM »
yup, I got the same email.  From what I gather William and Mary has sent acceptances to more people than it has actual seats for the next years upcoming class.  Of course the logic behind this is that many candidates will refuse the acceptance and go somewhere else, but for whatever reasons hardly anyone has rejected their acceptances.  Furthermore, William and Mary is trying to shave down their class size by 30-40 people.  (I know both of these things because of a phone call I made to them a 2 weeks ago in regards to my wail list status) 

All in all this whole business has left me with a sour taste in my mouth and a bit disheartened.  However, I figure if they do decide to pull from the waitlist they will do so right before school starts which is annoying for anyone that has to have a decision right now.   

STATIC

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 03:31:18 PM »
do some of you guys mind posting up your stats, ie gpa/lsat ? im considering applying to WM next year.

Crimson:devil(red)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 10:31:38 PM »
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com

do some of you guys mind posting up your stats, ie gpa/lsat ? im considering applying to WM next year.
Tulane Law School Class of 2012

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crimsondevilred