Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UVA vs. W&M vs. GMU  (Read 3247 times)

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
Re: UVA vs. W&M vs. GMU
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 08:36:20 AM »
I dunno, USNEWS says that UVA's in decline.
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 01:08:24 AM »
If the Title was:  "UVA vs. Duke vs. Cornell," I would say, pick the one that gives you the most money if you just want to have a law job at some firm, whether big or medium size. 

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 09:33:01 AM »
If the title was "UVA vs. Cooley," then I'd say go to UVA, hands down.
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

bnoble318

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 10:39:40 AM »
I would do ALMOST anything to go to UVA...so go there, since I didn't apply, you aren't taking my spot.
3.24/165

IN: Tennessee , Drexel, UGA, Mercer, Alabama South Carolina, Tulane, DePaul...scholarships at all, but dont feel like listing them...

WAITING:  W&L, GA State, W&M, Temple

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009, 01:28:24 PM »
I would do ALMOST anything to go to UVA...so go there, since I didn't apply, you aren't taking my spot.

UGA ain't bad at all if you can get instate tuition after the first year. 

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2009, 07:12:09 PM »
W&M wouldn't be a bad deal. I know a guy who went there over Duke. Although I strongly suspect he had a full ride or close to it. I agree with most of the previous posters: UVa is your best choice. You'll be 60k more in debt, but the opportunities will be well worth it. Plus you won't have the 'what if' worries of being at the bottom of the class at UVa like you would at W&M. The safety net is much larger. If you really want to go to W&M, you should go visit (yes, in person) and talk to to the dean of admissions and see what he/she can do for you. Say you really want to go there (and why), but that UVa is too hard to pass up unless they can up the offer.

Lastly, GMU shouldn't even be in the picture. It's a respectable school, but the other two schools are much better options. Cost of living would probably come close to making up the difference between W&M and GMU anyway.

officeguy

• ? ? ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 03:39:02 PM »
W&M wouldn't be a bad deal. I know a guy who went there over Duke. Although I strongly suspect he had a full ride or close to it. I agree with most of the previous posters: UVa is your best choice. You'll be 60k more in debt, but the opportunities will be well worth it. Plus you won't have the 'what if' worries of being at the bottom of the class at UVa like you would at W&M. The safety net is much larger. If you really want to go to W&M, you should go visit (yes, in person) and talk to to the dean of admissions and see what he/she can do for you. Say you really want to go there (and why), but that UVa is too hard to pass up unless they can up the offer.

Lastly, GMU shouldn't even be in the picture. It's a respectable school, but the other two schools are much better options. Cost of living would probably come close to making up the difference between W&M and GMU anyway.

TITCR
"I want an anti-gravity machine. I saw it in a movie. You drink the potion, and then you just start floating all around"