Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is Seton Hall worth it--for me?  (Read 1489 times)

jokerjoshua

• View Profile
Is Seton Hall worth it--for me?
« on: March 24, 2009, 02:57:27 PM »
So, I got accepted to Seton Hall's Part-time/Evening program with a $10,000 dollar scholarship. I am interested in their joint JD/MDIR in Diplomacy and International Affairs. I want to study social justice or international law and perhaps go into law enforcement--my dream job being an FBI Agent; something more realistic would be to work in the New Jersey DOJ.

With my scholarship, I would be paying around $18,500 per year (excluding cost of living). I would be able to work since I would be part-time, plus I would get two degrees out of it. I'm still waiting to hear back from the following schools: William & Mary; University of Wisconsin-Madison; UNLV; University of Oregon; University of New Mexico; Penn State University.

So, what do you think? I just read a thread on top-100-law-schools.com from a 2005 Seton Hall grad who was shitting on the school and job market, so I'm looking for advise from other grads as well.

Cheers!   

wolfmansrazor

• View Profile
Re: Is Seton Hall worth it--for me?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 05:34:49 PM »
If you go over to JDUnderground, it's full of bitter Seton Hall grads who can't get jobs. The problem is SH is low on the totem pole in a grossly overcrowded legal market: NYC. However, if you're not looking to make 100k/yr, you're better off than many of them. and you could minimize debt by working, SH might be a good choice for you.

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: Is Seton Hall worth it--for me?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 07:42:44 PM »
If you go over to JDUnderground, it's full of bitter Seton Hall grads who can't get jobs. The problem is SH is low on the totem pole in a grossly overcrowded legal market: NYC. However, if you're not looking to make 100k/yr, you're better off than many of them. and you could minimize debt by working, SH might be a good choice for you.

Yeah, it's also full of bitter (insert)
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN