Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rutgers-Newark Discussion  (Read 419 times)

espanol

• View Profile
Rutgers-Newark Discussion
« on: March 24, 2009, 01:27:41 AM »
Hey Guys,

So great feedback from the all of you guys so far, and  I am really making some headway into making my final decision, BUT I found out today that Rutgers-Newark is offering NJ residency status immediately so long as proof of a 12-month lease agreement is provided to the school before July.  This significantly alters my decision making process because as a PT candidate my annual tuition would be roughly $13,900/annually (huge deal for me since I am paying for school myself).  As some of you know I am down to either Rutgers-Newark, Temple, USF, and Pacific McGeorge.  What are your thoughts the cheaper tuition for Rutgers-Newark?  Here is some background, currently from SoCal (would ideally want to stay in CA but willing to move as long as it makes sense), McGeorge offering some $$$ ($5000/year renewable 3.0 GPA), USF and Temple full part-time tuition price.  I am reluctant to pass on Temple because of their bar passage rates, and reputation in PA.  Reluctant to pass on USF because I have family & friends in the bay area and the location in California.  Your thoughts...

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rutgers-Newark Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 11:13:37 AM »
Hey Guys,

So great feedback from the all of you guys so far, and  I am really making some headway into making my final decision, BUT I found out today that Rutgers-Newark is offering NJ residency status immediately so long as proof of a 12-month lease agreement is provided to the school before July.  This significantly alters my decision making process because as a PT candidate my annual tuition would be roughly $13,900/annually (huge deal for me since I am paying for school myself).  As some of you know I am down to either Rutgers-Newark, Temple, USF, and Pacific McGeorge.  What are your thoughts the cheaper tuition for Rutgers-Newark?  Here is some background, currently from SoCal (would ideally want to stay in CA but willing to move as long as it makes sense), McGeorge offering some $$$ ($5000/year renewable 3.0 GPA), USF and Temple full part-time tuition price.  I am reluctant to pass on Temple because of their bar passage rates, and reputation in PA.  Reluctant to pass on USF because I have family & friends in the bay area and the location in California.  Your thoughts...

There's a reason New Jersey has to offer instate tuition immediately...
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.