Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: are there any 3L's out there who don't regret going to law school?  (Read 3466 times)

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: are there any 3L's out there who don't regret going to law school?
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2009, 02:56:56 PM »
I feel like I hit on you on LSD back before we went to law school?  Possibly a marriage proposal?  (Harvard?)

Ha!  This is highly unlikely.  But I think I appreciate the thought.

haha, damn... I thought I reconnected :(  There was a lady on LSN that is now a 3L and who had a very similar name to yours (maybe the same, I cannot remember).  

hahahah, we will see :)
Oh, that was me when I was a transexual, but I'm living as a man again now, u can still hit on me though  ;)

Hopeless

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: are there any 3L's out there who don't regret going to law school?
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2009, 06:28:59 AM »
Those who are unemployed now are probably bitter. Those who have a job waiting for them are not. Simple as that.

Meh, I disagree. I have a job offers but Iím probably not going to take them. I donít have an offer doing what I want to, and I may not have one by the time I graduate. I may be without a job for awhile, but that does not mean I regret going to law school.

I did not go in thinking I would have something handed to me, or that finding a job I was willing to take would be easy. I expected it to be tough, and my expectations where right. My hunch is those that went in with high expectations without much thought to what might happen if they did not work out are more disappointed than others.

I donít think it comes down to job/no job only. I bet plenty of people are taking jobs now that they never would have thought of 3 years ago and that they are not happy with because they thought going in everything was going to come up roses. Call me a pessimist, but I always think things are going to come out crappy, so Iím rarely disappointed, or uprepared when they do.

I take the same approach and always have.  Just look at my name..."Hopeless."   ;D