Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: are there any 3L's out there who don't regret going to law school?  (Read 3459 times)

Resident CLS Troll

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: are there any 3L's out there who don't regret going to law school?
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 01:51:41 AM »
I don't regret it one bit.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 05:38:04 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that your start date was deferred, and I hope that you keep your job.  I don't have any problem with your career goals.  I do wish you wouldn't defend your buddy TheDudeMan when he calls someone a moron for coming out of UT this year without a job.  You know better, obviously, and you should be willing to tell him so.
[/quote]

Thank you for the well wishes.  DudeMan and I go way back (so, while I do not defend him, I definitely don't hate him).  I wish everyone happiness in achieving their goals and genuinely try to remain positive on here (with the exception of the discussions concerning what I consider scams (online/unaccredited schools).

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 06:37:33 PM »
No I don't regret it, but that's because being a lawyer is really what I want to do. I had to work my a** off to get great grades (top 10%) and still had a hard time getting a job this year because of the market. I came into law school wanting to be a a D.A., but sought out firm jobs as well last OCI season because I thought my grades could get me a better paying job. That didn't work out, but I think its for the best. I now have a post-bar internship lined up with the D.A.'s office in a county that I always dreamed of working in. So although this is not exactly what I expected, because I will be working in an unpaid position after graduation, since its what I want to do, I am willing to make sacrifices to make things work.

My only regret is not pressuring my school to up my scholarship to full tuition after first year.

I think if you plan on going to law school to become rich, don't go. If you are going because you want a career as a lawyer, even if not in the highest paid position, I would go. Also, in hindsight, I would only go to law school if I got a scholarship that was 80% of tuition or more. My loans for undergrad & law school are about 120,000, and that makes me nervous. I can't even imagine going to law school w/o a scholarship.

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 07:42:30 PM »
Don't regret it a whit.
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 09:40:17 PM »
Thank you for the well wishes.  DudeMan and I go way back (so, while I do not defend him, I definitely don't hate him).  I wish everyone happiness in achieving their goals and genuinely try to remain positive on here (with the exception of the discussions concerning what I consider scams (online/unaccredited schools).

I mean them (the well wishes).  I like you.  I just don't understand how you put up with someone who is so consistently demeaning to others.  But anyway, onwards and upwards!
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

thorc954

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 01:57:54 AM »

I mean them (the well wishes).  I like you.  I just don't understand how you put up with someone who is so consistently demeaning to others.  But anyway, onwards and upwards!

Aww, thank you Miss P :)  I feel like I hit on you on LSD back before we went to law school?  Possibly a marriage proposal?  (Harvard?)

I just genuinely care about everyone, even if they aren't always the nicest people.  I dont meant to blow his character at all, but he has been very supportive and extremely friendly through PM's on here since day one.  So, while his comments aren't always the nicest, I think he is genuinely a nice person.  But, I agree, he can be mean on here.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 08:48:26 AM »

Aww, thank you Miss P :)  I feel like I hit on you on LSD back before we went to law school?  Possibly a marriage proposal?  (Harvard?)

I just genuinely care about everyone, even if they aren't always the nicest people.  I dont meant to blow his character at all, but he has been very supportive and extremely friendly through PM's on here since day one.  So, while his comments aren't always the nicest, I think he is genuinely a nice person.  But, I agree, he can be mean on here.

I tolerate the Dudeman,but I'm not a fan, sometimes, rarely unfortunetly he gives decent advice, but most of the time its playing the internet tough guy putting down other people to prop up his own self esteem. As shame, becuase when he does actually take the time to give advice its not bad, but still most of the time he comes off like an extreem tool for nothing better than his jollies. It does not take much skill to be an a-hole on interwebs, and he could be a helpful poster but it just seems he perfers to take the path of least resitance and be a male private part 99% of the time.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 11:45:34 AM »
LoL.  See, the thing is, I don't see why telling it as it is makes me a jerk?  It seems to me that most folks on here just want to have smoke blown up their arses.  I simply don't do that.

My self-esteem is just fine.  I'm happy in my career and my life, regardless of what many on here like to imagine.  I think most would be surprised if they knew me in real life.

I give genuine advice, both good and bad.  I also have the opinion that lower ranked low schools are a waste of time and money.  Sure, you have every right to disagree with me, but the statistics prove that on average, those at low ranked low schools spend a lot of time struggling.  Sure, you can site exceptions, but that's just it... There are exceptions too the general rule that low ranked law students have a tough time finding work... In any sector.

TheDudeMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 11:47:03 AM »
LoL.  See, the thing is, I don't see why telling it as it is makes me a jerk?  It seems to me that most folks on here just want to have smoke blown up their arses.  I simply don't do that.

My self-esteem is just fine.  I'm happy in my career and my life, regardless of what many on here like to imagine.  I think most would be surprised if they knew me in real life.

I give genuine advice, both good and bad.  I also have the opinion that lower ranked low schools are a waste of time and money.  Sure, you have every right to disagree with me, but the statistics prove that on average, those at low ranked low schools spend a lot of time struggling.  Sure, you can site exceptions, but that's just it... There are exceptions too the general rule that low ranked law students have a tough time finding work... In any sector.

Jake_MONDATTA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 12:40:05 PM »
so much drama.