Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Seattle U Class of 2012  (Read 1555 times)

Chromylchloride

• View Profile
Seattle U Class of 2012
« on: March 23, 2009, 02:35:50 AM »
Anyone else out there? Love the school and surrounding area, can't wait to start!

LawSchoolAuthority

• View Profile
    • Law School Authority
    • Email
Re: Seattle U Class of 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 05:57:05 AM »
Congrats on your acceptance to SU, are you planning on taking the summer session CrimLaw class?

seattlegirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 12:31:23 PM »
I am heading to Seattle U. Going to go PT, so I am taking crimlaw this summer! I am excited, but nervous at the same time.

Chromylchloride

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 01:18:23 PM »
I will be full-time day division, no summer courses for me. Gotta enjoy these last 5 months of freedom!

win200

• "What do you mean, you people?"
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 10:25:03 PM »
I'm still waiting on a couple schools (AHEM, Cornell), but short of a miracle it's gonna be SU for me. Going back and forth on doing the summer course.

LawSchoolAuthority

• View Profile
    • Law School Authority
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 10:01:49 AM »
I would strongly recommend taking the summer crimlaw course.  I think around 75% of incoming 1Ls take the five week summer course, which in my opinion gives those who take the summer class a heads up over the other 25% when classes start in the fall.

While it would be nice not have to worry about law school during your 0L summer, I think the class is a nice intro to law school.  During the summer, you'll meet the majority of your classmates, find your way around the campus/law building, get a feel for how law school classes are taught, etc... Additionally, I think the summer crimlaw class is taught at somewhat of a lower level compared to your fall classes because your prof knows that this is your first exposure to law school.  Accordingly, in addition to the substantive course material, much of the summer is based around learning how to outline, exam writing skills, statutory interpretation, etc...

Chromylchloride

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 07:52:46 PM »
I've actually changed my mind, I'm pretty sure I will be doing the summer course. Seems like an easier transition into the law school environment, and that's one less exam to worry about in the fall. Now I just gotta find myself an apartment on Capitol Hill...

seattlegirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 06:08:14 PM »
I am heading to a "Scholarship Reception" for 2012 students this evening...anyone else?

LawSchoolAuthority

• View Profile
    • Law School Authority
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 08:04:02 PM »
Do any of you guys have contacts within the school or are attending the school?  I'm looking to see if I can find a professor's old exam who works at Seattle U but is visiting at my university this semester.  If so, PM me.

Tetris, I sent you a PM.

Dionysus0

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 08:10:31 PM »
Going to Seattle U and taking the Summer Crim Law class. I won't be out to Seattle again until I shop for an apartment.