Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do I have a shot late in the game??  (Read 2091 times)

"That One"

• View Profile
Re: Do I have a shot late in the game??
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2009, 02:53:50 PM »
Howard has marginally better employment prospects and about a 20% lower bar passage rate.

I am not disputing the bar passage rate, but to say that the employment prospects are "marginally" better is a fallacy.  Firms that do not interview at American interview at Howard (granted you have to be at the top of your class, but the same can be said for American).  If you are a black male who wants to go to school in DC and you did not get into Gtown or GW then (IMO) you should go to Howard.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 07:57:32 PM »
Howard has marginally better employment prospects and about a 20% lower bar passage rate.

I am not disputing the bar passage rate, but to say that the employment prospects are "marginally" better is a fallacy.  Firms that do not interview at American interview at Howard (granted you have to be at the top of your class, but the same can be said for American).  If you are a black male who wants to go to school in DC and you did not get into Gtown or GW then (IMO) you should go to Howard.

96.4% (Howard) v. 93.3% (American) employment, with American having 1.8% more "other" grads pursuing grad degrees, is anything besides a marginal difference?
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

"That One"

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 10:34:51 PM »

96.4% (Howard) v. 93.3% (American) employment, with American having 1.8% more "other" grads pursuing grad degrees, is anything besides a marginal difference?

I am saying in terms of the number/caliber of firms.  Anyways I am not trying to convince you that you are wrong.  To me (and most of the other people I know) there is a big difference between Howard and American (if you are AA). 

*please note that I do not go to Howard