Law School Discussion

are later games easier?!?!?!

are later games easier?!?!?!
« on: March 19, 2009, 10:42:54 AM »
I was having trouble finishing games on time. I got the action right, but there was no way i could fit it the 8min 45 sec. And then all of a sudden after test 34 or something, I have time left. I mean i coulnd not have gotten this much better at it for 2-3 days.

Have anybody noticed something similar?

Are the games on the current lsats as easy as this?

~in june we hope

Re: are later games easier?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 10:44:32 AM »
In other news, the sky is blue and the Pope is Catholic.

Scentless Apprentice

• My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 10:47:09 AM »
LSD..can't you just feel the love?

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 10:49:24 AM »
Oh whatever, it takes about 10 minutes to read through some of the posts on the LSAT board and confirm that yes, indeed, the games have become easier over the last couple of years.

SamE397

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 10:57:27 AM »
The short is answer is yes. The long answer yes the games have been getting easier but unfortunately the reading comp has also been getting harder because the test has been shifting focuses. So, don't think the test is going to be easier unfortunately I think it's actually a little harder because the older tests you're prepping with don't give an entirely accurate picture of what the test will be like. 

Scentless Apprentice

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 11:27:47 AM »
Oh whatever, it takes about 10 minutes to read through some of the posts on the LSAT board and confirm that yes, indeed, the games have become easier over the last couple of years.

I agree. I've noticed that people tend to ask the same question over and over..like..Powerscore or Testmasters? You can either skip it without commenting, or point them to the search function, which is NOT easy to find. I'd like to be friends.

I've posted something like this before:

Some of the more recent, post 03, 04 games can still be difficult, but I find the language to be less convoluted than previous exams. The complicated 3rd and 4th rules in the tree game come to mind (Superpep B). I think sequencing games have become more popular than in the past..which is a good thing.

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 01:57:08 PM »
well, i DID search for the SEARCH function. this is not the first time i am using a forum. i could not find it. will someone guide me to it. will help a lot for the future.

btw. it is raining. not a spec of blue. :)

Scentless Apprentice

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 01:59:53 PM »
well, i DID search for the SEARCH function. this is not the first time i am using a forum. i could not find it. will someone guide me to it. will help a lot for the future.

On the left side of your screen you'll see the headings Pre-Law, Students, & Site. Under Site, click Home. Then you'll see the search function. It would be better if it said 'Search' under the Site heading.

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2009, 02:14:01 PM »

On the left side of your screen you'll see the headings Pre-Law, Students, & Site. Under Site, click Home. Then you'll see the search function. It would be better if it said 'Search' under the Site heading.

YES!

Note to Admins/Andrew Sinclair: Include a search link in the left hand navigation or at the top of every page. People don't know to navigate to the home page in order to search. I guarantee you will increase page views (and theoretically ad revenue) instantly if people have a more intuitive way to use the search function.

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 08:58:02 AM »
The games are easier and reading comp is harder.  This tends to make the exam, overall, harder for most people.  It also makes it harder to "prep" your way to a good score.  Games has always been the easiest thing to teach people - given enough time and effort most people can score relatively well on games, regardless of their starting point.  Reading Comp, on the other hand, is notoriously difficult to teach, even in expensive prep courses.  I often think this shift in the exam was made for exactly this reason: to create a smaller advantage for students who can afford to take prep courses over those who cannot.