Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: ONLINE LAW SCHOOL STUDENT GROUP  (Read 7450 times)

dle

• View Profile
ONLINE LAW SCHOOL STUDENT GROUP
« on: March 19, 2009, 03:21:20 AM »
I am a student at Novus University “Novus Law School” and I enrolled at this online school since September 2008. I open this topic because I saw so many Novus Law School students have mentioned about study group, so I invite everyone who likes to discuss or share your study experiences in here.

dldatnsol

• View Profile
Re: NOVUS LAW SCHOOL STUDENT GROUP
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 03:25:47 PM »
I just enrolled and would like to know the type of study components everyone is using to comprehend the material.
I've purchased a few audio lectures and am pretty impressed with the teaching methods of the subjects. I start next month but wanted a jump start.

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 12:44:53 AM »
I am just wondering if anyone can tell me why anytime someone posts good for Novus they only have single digit posts behind their name? Heck, I'm new and even I noticed that. I'm just curious why they dont seem to stick around to get a lot of posts behind their names.

law4justice

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 09:33:56 AM »
I just enrolled and would like to know the type of study components everyone is using to comprehend the material.
I've purchased a few audio lectures and am pretty impressed with the teaching methods of the subjects. I start next month but wanted a jump start.

You will need to go to a law library w/ your study material to complete your classwork assignments which are mostly essays. Join a bar association and read articles on good legal writing. You are not sitting before a law professor so if you do not possess a legal mind do not send in boring papers without doing proper legal research.I finished and graduated on 7/8/2008 but still paying tuition because of a 06 to 08 divorce, ex wife tried to present evidence of unauthorized practice of law due to family asset protection with out of state entities.The judges in the juvenville and district cts recognized me as having attorney status. If you just got to get on the "I want to be a attorney" bandwagon, there is good profitable work in the mediation field where you can use your jd degree. I have began to work on my website garykilgorejd.law.officelive. com

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 01:33:50 AM »
So how much trouble are you facing for practicing law without being a lawyer? Did you tell the judge about Novus? If so why? You'd think representing yourself you wouldnt need to. Were you trying to represent someone else? Did you address yourself as a lawyer or attorney and if so why?

dle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 03:29:33 AM »
Wow, there are many people in here and I am happy to say Hi to all you  :). I have to finish my "JDP 501" course this month and it is hard for me to balance between work and studies. But, I will try my best and finish it.

I recommend a popular book names "Law School Bible" by Peter J. Loughlin to everyone who wants to achieve your goal and not able to take advantage of traditional law school programs. So, I believe that you will make a decision right away after you finish reading this book.

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 12:47:48 PM »
I have read the "law school bible" how to be a lawyer without setting a foot in college. It dosnt mention Novus.

Wow, there are many people in here and I am happy to say Hi to all you  :). I have to finish my "JDP 501" course this month and it is hard for me to balance between work and studies. But, I will try my best and finish it.

I recommend a popular book names "Law School Bible" by Peter J. Loughlin to everyone who wants to achieve your goal and not able to take advantage of traditional law school programs. So, I believe that you will make a decision right away after you finish reading this book.

dle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 03:26:15 PM »
I have read the "law school bible" how to be a lawyer without setting a foot in college. It dosnt mention Novus.

Hi JD2013,

Yes, you do not need to go with Novus, and you have many different choices. Please think carefully before you decide to go with any online law school or traditional law school.

Wish you the best!  :)

new2law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 11:41:49 PM »
Please correct me if I am wrong,but isn't Novus WORTHLESS! It isn't accredited by ANYONE! Not even state approved anywhere.
That makes it ILLEGAL to use in many states due to state laws. You literall want to get people arrested.

That plus the only way to get licensed without a degree is the Lawyer Apprentice program, and if they do that then they dont need you. They would be under a lawyer or judge and wouldn't need your ripoff company to help them. In fact even those people cant legally put JD under their name with or without your school. You should be arrested.

Hi JD2013,

Yes, you do not need to go with Novus, and you have many different choices. Please think carefully before you decide to go with any online law school or traditional law school.

dle

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 02:56:18 AM »
Please correct me if I am wrong,but isn't Novus WORTHLESS! It isn't accredited by ANYONE! Not even state approved anywhere.
That makes it ILLEGAL to use in many states due to state laws. You literall want to get people arrested.

That plus the only way to get licensed without a degree is the Lawyer Apprentice program, and if they do that then they dont need you. They would be under a lawyer or judge and wouldn't need your ripoff company to help them. In fact even those people cant legally put JD under their name with or without your school. You should be arrested.

Hi JD2013,

Hi JD2013,

First of all, I need to tell you that I do not recommend anyone to go with Novus and I just want to share my own experiences in here. However, you can go to this website http://www.ncbex.org/comprehensive-guide-to-bar-admissions/ to find more details.

I agreed with you that Novus isn't accredited by anyone or approved by any state bar association, so you can go to an online accredited law school (Concord Law School) if you want. The reason I attended Novus because it provided exactly what I want and it doesn't mean I can be a lawyer with its JD degree.

Anyway, many thanks for your time and please remember your future will depend on what you are doing today. I recommend you do more research for all online law schools or traditional law schools carefully before make your own decision.

Best regards,
D.L