Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Thoughts on attending Stetson at sticker  (Read 509 times)

20caliguy

• View Profile
Thoughts on attending Stetson at sticker
« on: March 18, 2009, 07:37:06 PM »
Stetson is the "best" school I got accepted to but I didn't get a scholarship. Is it worth going at full price?

snakemongler84

• View Profile
Re: Thoughts on attending Stetson at sticker
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 11:18:28 AM »
I don't know all the intricacies of your case, but I would say it is.  Everything I have heard/read about it has been positive.  If you would not mind living and working in the Tampa Bay/FL area for at least a few years ofter graduation - I would say do it.

I was hoping to secure a scholarship there myself, but unfortunately I have not been successful.  If I did not have other similarly/better ranked (which does not mean much to me) schools offering merit money, I would definately be going to Stetson.  If by some chance I am offered any sort of scholly at Stetson - I will be attending.  But I just can't justify the full cost with other better financial options on the table.  And, the deadlines are quickly approaching.

Good luck.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on attending Stetson at sticker
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 10:06:50 AM »
If the job market 3 years from now is anything like it is today, the answer is no.  The top 25% are going to be fine and you will hear about/from them.  The others will be silent and struggle with high debt. 

People need to stop focusing on the experience of law students while they are still in law school, they need to focus on what they are doing a year after graduation.