Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is it ever too early to start outlining?  (Read 612 times)

Bizarro Jerry

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Is it ever too early to start outlining?
« on: March 18, 2009, 05:29:40 PM »
I'm about 6 weeks out of finals...

I found a chunk of time to make some good outlining progress, but last semester I did most of my outlining within about 3 weeks of each exam.

I felt that having the outlining process fresh was good for the exam...and wonder if the value in prepping an outline now will be a bit stale come May?

More classes and more finals this semester is prompting me to get a head start on it though - I'm just hoping I'm not jumping the gun.

Talk Is Cheap

• Sr. Citizen
  • F*** the man, I'm the man.
    • View Profile
Re: Is it ever too early to start outlining?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 05:59:58 PM »
I find outlining a useful part of the review processing and buildup towards finals.

However, there were times I wished I would have done it earlier just for convenience's sake. I guess in the end it all depends on what works for you.

Netopalis

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - troop85eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 06:02:43 PM »
I would argue that it's probably best to wait until the class starts to start outlining.  After that, have at it.
Mercer University School of Law '12

salamyen

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Salamyenew
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 07:02:21 PM »
It is ALWAYS too early to start outlining because you never should outline. That's what outline banks are for. You are better off reading other peoples outlines with the time you spend making your own. Worked for me and I'm top 5%.