Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Mississippi College School of Law  (Read 8397 times)

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Mississippi College School of Law
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 02:25:02 PM »
Don't do it. Ole Miss will forever be the only relevant law school in Mississippi, and you'll be made painfully aware of that fact time and again.

Have you ever even been to Mississippi, or at the very least spent any significant time in the legal community there?

If not, and I have a sneaking suspicion that you won't be asking in the affirmative to at least one of the questions posed above,then.......

Kindly shut the @#!* up.

And even if you can answer in the affirmative to both question, I'm sure the OP would like for you to shut.the.@#!*.up.

kthanksbi

Are you black? 

Unashamedly.....why does that matter?

I was trying to figure out if your attack on Ninja has anything to do with your being black, as he has made some comments about blacks being "entitled" and more. 

No, my attack on Ninja was based on him exhibiting a prima facie case of douchebaggery.

Someone put on his big boy lawyer pants today, maybe even all by himself. Prima Facie!

I was thinking the samething.  Was he trying to compensate for something he lacks with these words in his sentences? 

That's pretty much what I was getting out of it.

I meant to say "answer" in the affirmative. I was writing in a rush. I apologize for having a large vocabulary.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 08:17:23 AM »
Don't do it. Ole Miss will forever be the only relevant law school in Mississippi, and you'll be made painfully aware of that fact time and again.

Have you ever even been to Mississippi, or at the very least spent any significant time in the legal community there?

If not, and I have a sneaking suspicion that you won't be asking in the affirmative to at least one of the questions posed above,then.......

Kindly shut the @#!* up.

And even if you can answer in the affirmative to both question, I'm sure the OP would like for you to shut.the.@#!*.up.

kthanksbi

Are you black? 

I was trying to figure out if your attack on Ninja has anything to do with your being black, as he has made some comments about blacks being "entitled" and more. 

No, my attack on Ninja was based on him exhibiting a prima facie case of douchebaggery.

Someone put on his big boy lawyer pants today, maybe even all by himself. Prima Facie!

I was thinking the samething.  Was he trying to compensate for something he lacks with these words in his sentences? 

I meant to say "answer" in the affirmative. I was writing in a rush. I apologize for having a large vocabulary.

Happens to the best of us. ;)

We all have large vocabularies (at least, hopefully). We don't all feel it necessary to work "prima facie" and "[answer] in the affirmative" into our posts. There's a time and a place for everything.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

Eugene Young

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2009, 06:14:34 PM »

Kindly shut the @#!* up.

kthanksbi

Are you black? 

We all have large vocabularies (at least, hopefully). We don't all feel it necessary to work "prima facie" and "[answer] in the affirmative" into our posts. There's a time and a place for everything.

I was being facetious snarky on both occasions. ;D You're pretty straight forward on here Ninja, so you shouldn't mind when I do the same. ;) Plus I was stressed from finals. But the point I was making with the OP is that a JD from Miss College, while it won't get him a job at Skadden, will allow him to practice law provided he pass the par. If he wants to be a lawyer and doesn't mind the debt, go to Miss College and become a lawyer. Your school will only get you to a certain point.

All this is based on the assumption that it's an ABA accredited school, or at least provisionally accredited.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 10:33:29 AM »

Kindly shut the @#!* up.

kthanksbi

Are you black? 

I was being facetious snarky on both occasions. ;D You're pretty straight forward on here Ninja, so you shouldn't mind when I do the same. ;) Plus I was stressed from finals. But the point I was making with the OP is that a JD from Miss College, while it won't get him a job at Skadden, will allow him to practice law provided he pass the par. If he wants to be a lawyer and doesn't mind the debt, go to Miss College and become a lawyer. Your school will only get you to a certain point.

All this is based on the assumption that it's an ABA accredited school, or at least provisionally accredited.

Yeah, it's ABA.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.