Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Loyola New Orleans Thoughts?  (Read 1490 times)

Eagles41

• View Profile
    • Email
Loyola New Orleans Thoughts?
« on: March 18, 2009, 08:59:06 AM »
Any thoughts on Loyola New Orleans. I live in Boston so I don't know much about it. Anyone heading there? Know anything about it?

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Loyola New Orleans Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 06:02:42 PM »
Any other options?
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 07:23:57 PM »
Places pretty well in the city, not well elsewhere.

kennedyposter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 11:35:32 PM »
Good alumn network. I think people underestimate the power of Jesuit networks. It's like a fraternity of sorts.

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 09:20:29 PM »
They have great clinics, especially if you are into social justice work. Regional placement and it seems like LSU is favored over Loyola by the NOLA attorneys I have met.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 11:27:39 PM »
They have great clinics, especially if you are into social justice work. Regional placement and it seems like LSU is favored over Loyola by the NOLA attorneys I have met.

Don't forget about Tulane.

There is a Tulane grad poster here who graduated with honors or somehting and have been trying to find a legal job in the past year.  The last time he posted, he was working in a coffee shop.  Seriously! 

Imagine how Loyola grads are doing. 

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 05:11:51 PM »
I am not forgetting about Tulane. If you want to stay in New Orleans, especially if you want anything to do with politics or policy, LSU is the favored son.

The assumption is that Tulane kids will not be staying, since they come from all over. The LSU alumni network here is ginormous, and favors its own.

Not to say you can't get a job in NOLA coming from Tulane, you just have to overcome the perception that you aren't intending to stay.

And, the bottom of every class at Tulane struggles. I believe the guy you are referring to was at the bottom of his class. If not, mea culpa.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 06:16:41 PM »

And, the bottom of every class at Tulane struggles. I believe the guy you are referring to was at the bottom of his class. If not, mea culpa.

No, he is not.  He graduated with some type of honors. I believe it was Cum Laude. 

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 06:31:26 PM »

No, he is not.  He graduated with some type of honors. I believe it was Cum Laude. 

I'm guessing poor personality.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

iahurricane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 07:03:51 PM »

I'm guessing poor personality.

My guess: