Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: St. Thomas (FL) Conditional Acceptance  (Read 1556 times)

Eagles41

• View Profile
    • Email
St. Thomas (FL) Conditional Acceptance
« on: March 17, 2009, 03:01:52 PM »
St. Thomas (FL) didn't accept me, they offered me admission into their conditional program. it cost $1500 and only the top 20% of those in the program get in. Does anyone know anything about this program? Or know anyone who has gone through it? Any help on this would be great. Thanks.

Jessica3303

• View Profile
Re: St. Thomas (FL) Conditional Acceptance
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 12:23:43 AM »
If it's ok, may I please ask what GPA/LSAT score is?

Eagles41

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 12:14:06 PM »
GPA was 3.3 overall 3.7 in one major 3.6. My lsat was really low 148. I don't think I am going to do the program even though I already paid for it. Are you doing it?

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 12:28:38 PM »
With your GPA, you should be able to go TTT or T2. And just think of what would happen if you did a good six months of intensive LSAT work and your score came up 10-15 points. With a 163, you're looking at possible first-tier (top-50)...or at possibly high second-tier. That's a big difference. With better planning, i.e., LOR's, essays, resume, etc, you might be able to swing a top 40. Plus, keep in mind that people with 2.9 have gotten into schools like Duke if their LSAT's were at 168+. You have a 3.3 Cum and 3.7 Major GPA. Don't waste that on a T4, especially one that won't even give you a scholarship, which you might be currently qualified for at that level. 148 puts you at about the 50th%, so your score isn't even THAT bad. It's just not tHAT good, either.

Avoid St. Thomas or any T4

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,3004393.290.html

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 07:46:22 PM »
GPA was 3.3 overall 3.7 in one major 3.6. My lsat was really low 148. I don't think I am going to do the program even though I already paid for it. Are you doing it.

You have a 3.3 and that crappy law school rejected you? 

Increase your LSAT by a couple of points and apply to FIU. 

Jessica3303

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 12:43:53 AM »
wow, I honestly thought that your GPA or LSAT must have been a lot lower. I can't believe they didn't accept you. Have you applied to any other law schools?

Eagles41

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 08:52:03 PM »
To answer all posts.

I did take a LSAT prep and private tutoring but ( I know it is said all the time) but I just do not test well. I have awesome recommendations, what I think is a pretty good essay, and I have been wait listed at a BUNCH of schools still no acceptances. The only reason I was considering St. Thomas was the location. I just feel lost.

Naked Promise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 10:18:09 PM »
Unless they give you a full ride, a Tier 4 like St. Thomas is not worth it (most tier 4's probably aren't). Please run away fast.

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 01:29:31 AM »
Unless they give you a full ride, a Tier 4 like St. Thomas is not worth it (most tier 4's probably aren't). Please run away fast.

True.  Private schools that are not in the top 20 or so are not worth it.  Many may even include Washington and Lee on that not worth it list.   8)