Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Are casebooks and/or hornbooks necessary for BAR study?  (Read 1441 times)

StinkyPanda

• View Profile
Are casebooks and/or hornbooks necessary for BAR study?
« on: March 17, 2009, 02:49:57 AM »
I am thinking of selling a substantial amount of law books (casebooks, some hornbooks, some other study aides, etc) at the end of this spring semester.  Some of the books cover topics on the BAR/MBE; so I am wondering if I should retain the "BAR related" books for use during BAR study (and possibly sell them before the fall 2009 semester) or just go ahead and sell the books at the end of the spring semester based on the belief that I would not have used them anyway during BAR study (in other words, I'd be assuming BarBri will supply all the materials I will need to effectively study for the BAR and that casebook, etc consultation is unnecessary).

If anyone has any thoughts on this, or can relate personal knowledge or experience, I would appreciate it.  I'll be taking the TX BAR this July.  Thanks!

ksully

• View Profile
Re: Are casebooks and/or hornbooks necessary for BAR study?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 05:44:25 PM »
You definately don't need your casebooks or hornbooks for Bar Study, especially if you are taking Barbri. Sell what you can.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 01:34:49 PM »
Sell them.  Barbri gives you everything you need and then some.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 01:50:30 PM »
I kept the Law in a Flash cards cuase I like flash cards but don't like making my own, the PMBR ones look good though
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.