Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How difficult can it really be... seriously?  (Read 16182 times)

,.,.,.;.,.,.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How difficult can it really be... seriously?
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2009, 08:58:29 PM »
Huh?  I don't rely on supplements.  I rely on old outlines and skim the readings.  And I think I take enough practice exams to understand how to argue law on the real thing, but maybe not.

I keep forgetting that students here don't stay in the chi threads.  Whoops, d-dub time.  Ah, well.

ETA: Yeah, mbw, I mostly like scaring the n00bs.  I mean, I've done fine by any realistic measure.  Also, don't forget that so many things in life are different when experienced first-hand.  I know that BigLaw work is draining, but I'm sure I'll still be shocked when/if I have to work more than 60 hour weeks.

So are you saying you rely on other students' interpretations of cases to learn BLL? 

I skim the cases, listen in class.

I find that, after I read them, I retain very little, but that may be a delusion.  Perhaps I'll take the UnbiasedObserver route and read the cases during the last quarter.

k0em9u

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2009, 10:44:33 AM »
I'm gonna have to side with OI here, case law studies do nothing for me. Maybe if I studied for the sake of learning to "think like a lawyer" it would be great, but my only motivation is studying to do well on the exam. Memorizing BLL serves that purpose perfectly, since professors (at least mine) are not looking for you to draw the right conclusions, they are simply looking for you to identify the issue and pick the right test on how to determine it. Bonus for mentioning the case you got it from. As soon as you have the right BLL test, you just insert the standard "The court could interpret this to be unconstitutional because x,y and z. On the other hand, the court could also find that factor p is sufficient as a compelling state interest".

Substitute the buzz words with whatever happens to fit in the course in question.
Sue me female dog, I know a lawyer.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2009, 03:34:43 PM »
Shut up, LawDog.

Why couldn't you write a law school exam, Alfalfa?  Nervousness?  Inability to spot issues?  I don't entirely believe you.

I am going to have so much fun creaming you arroggant phonies. Just like I did in undergrad...you are next.

See you in class or Moot Court.  ;)

This is funny because every time I see one of LawDog's posts my thoughts are, word for word: "What an arrogant phony!"

;)

No you don't. I am the star of this site and you know it. And my posts are dead-on. I notice you always attack ME and not my arguments...b/c you can't. You need to listen and learn.

And there you go again...the gang. That's cowardly, really. All white people do is gang up on intelligent Black people in hopes that you will prove them inferior. And what bothers you about me is that you know you cannot shake me. That type of strength scares you b/c if YOU were in my situation, i.e., hated by many, you would have left a long time ago. You don't have the type of strength I have.

As for you and your...GANG? It's just like it always has been, you can't fight your own battles, or any battle where you are on even footing. COWARDS. Cannot fight in neutral territory, cannot fight one on one, cannot fight someone of equal size, and the White men cannot fight other Black men. I'm not talking about physical warfare, I'm talking about ALL warfare. You are so brave to co-sign with other critics. Oh...such a big toughie!  :(

I have never had any White man engage me one on one and on neutral territory. Never once in my entire life. You are quick to engage when you have numbers or are at some perceived advantage. And this site is not neutral; it's patronized mainly by white students.

Who wants to meet me in a live one on one debate, so we can find out who really knows what?

COWARDS! Weak...insecure...phony...sel f-entitled COWARDS.

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2009, 03:58:43 PM »
Shut up, LawDog.

Why couldn't you write a law school exam, Alfalfa?  Nervousness?  Inability to spot issues?  I don't entirely believe you.

I am going to have so much fun creaming you arroggant phonies. Just like I did in undergrad...you are next.

This is funny because every time I see one of LawDog's posts my thoughts are, word for word: "What an arrogant phony!"

;)

No you don't. I am the star of this site and you know it. And my posts are dead-on. I notice you always attack ME and not my arguments...b/c you can't. You need to listen and learn.

And there you go again...the gang. That's cowardly, really. All white people do is gang up on intelligent Black people in hopes that you will prove them inferior. And what bothers you about me is that you know you cannot shake me. That type of strength scares you b/c if YOU were in my situation, i.e., hated by many, you would have left a long time ago. You don't have the type of strength I have.

As for you and your...GANG? It's just like it always has been, you can't fight your own battles, or any battle where you are on even footing. COWARDS. Cannot fight in neutral territory, cannot fight one on one, cannot fight someone of equal size, and the White men cannot fight other Black men. I'm not talking about physical warfare, I'm talking about ALL warfare. You are so brave to co-sign with other critics. Oh...such a big toughie!  :(

I have never had any White man engage me one on one and on neutral territory. Never once in my entire life. You are quick to engage when you have numbers or are at some perceived advantage. And this site is not neutral; it's patronized mainly by white students.

Who wants to meet me in a live one on one debate, so we can find out who really knows what?

This is awesome.  If this isn't flame and this person is real, it's even awesomer. 

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2009, 04:03:17 PM »

This is an anonymous message board on the internet. I'm not doubting or making light of any experience you've been through to give you the perspective that you have, but would just like to point out that, on this message board, if you're unliked, or 'ganged up on', its because of what you post, not what you look like, or anything to do with demographics.
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

Dr. Balsenschaft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2009, 04:05:37 PM »

This is an anonymous message board on the internet. I'm not doubting or making light of any experience you've been through to give you the perspective that you have, but would just like to point out that, on this message board, if you're unliked, or 'ganged up on', its because of what you post, not what you look like, or anything to do with demographics.

Racist.

bl825

• Sr. Citizen
  • There are just so many reasons to smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2009, 04:07:36 PM »
Shut up, LawDog.

;)

No one debates you because everybody on this board (and probably in real life) has concluded that even if you were resoundingly beaten, you wouldn't really notice and would continue to insist that you had won.

Plus it's entertaining when you throw your little tantrums.  Why do you think I keep prodding you?  :)
Oh yea...you're delicious and lean, but unsustainable and not to be consumed daily.

Scentless Apprentice

• Sr. Citizen
  • My ego isnt LSD strong but I still want to play.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2009, 04:09:09 PM »

Racist.

:o
Birds of a feather flock together.

LSN

UnbelievablyTired

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2009, 04:27:43 PM »
Shut up, LawDog.

;)

hahahahahahhaahahhahaha.  i feel bad for you. 

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2009, 08:27:23 PM »
Shut up, LawDog.

;)

This is awesome.  If this isn't flame and this person is real, it's even awesomer. 

agreed, if it is flame its legendary flame at that
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.