Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How difficult can it really be... seriously?  (Read 16105 times)

Denny Shore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How difficult can it really be... seriously?
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2009, 06:08:39 PM »
Shut up, LawDog.

Why couldn't you write a law school exam, Alfalfa?  Nervousness?  Inability to spot issues?  I don't entirely believe you.

I am going to have so much fun creaming you arroggant phonies. Just like I did in undergrad...you are next.

See you in class or Moot Court.  ;)

This is funny because every time I see one of LawDog's posts my thoughts are, word for word: "What an arrogant phony!"

;)

And there you go again...the gang. That's cowardly, really. All white people do is gang up on intelligent Black people in hopes that you will prove them inferior. And what bothers you about me is that you know you cannot shake me. That type of strength scares you b/c if YOU were in my situation, i.e., hated by many, you would have left a long time ago. You don't have the type of strength I have.

Lawdog is black?  Who knew?
I find it a little disingenuous when people get upset and cry racism.  How would any of us know you were black unless you told us?
That said, it sounds like you might want to take a little LSD break.  It sure helped me.  If you feel ganged up on, it's either because you are or because you are too sensitive.
As a conservative minded centrist, I feel hated and reviled every time I criticize President Obama, which is especially irritating because I object to substantive matters and usually have to listen to someone say either "Give him a chance" or "What are you, a racist?" - neither of which make much sense to a pragmatist like me.
Here's an idea - in order for race relations to improve, you could spend less time thinking like a 'black man' and more time thinking like a human.
Just a suggestion.
Good luck, lawdog.  Believe it or not, I get it.

lawness

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2009, 07:44:14 PM »
Why do you think this person feels the need to capitalize W in white?

lamronba

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2009, 06:06:36 PM »
i'm of the same mind as the OP's.  i was getting more and more edgy reading this thread, thinking about things i'd need to do to prep for next year, and then out of NOWHERE i get hit in the face with lawdog's post.  i don't know if it's deliberate or not ("i am the star of this site and you know it" is so over the top it has to be deliberate), but either way, what a way to break up the tension! 
172/3.72

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2009, 10:04:08 PM »
i'm of the same mind as the OP's.  i was getting more and more edgy reading this thread, thinking about things i'd need to do to prep for next year, and then out of NOWHERE i get hit in the face with lawdog's post.  i don't know if it's deliberate or not ("i am the star of this site and you know it" is so over the top it has to be deliberate), but either way, what a way to break up the tension! 

blatant lawdog alt.

consider yourself outed...

Sheshe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2009, 04:06:19 PM »
1L: They scare you to death (so it will be mentally exhausting)
2L: They work you to death (so it will be physically AND mentally exhausting)
3L: They bore you to death (so it will be emotionally exhausting)

Or so I have heard...lol.

That said, I would think about Richard Montauk's suggestion: an LLM program. Do well and get a specialty; that might be a good way to recover. But I could be wrong. You also could look at cutting your chops the hard way, go work pro-bono for some local agency or non-profit.

I also know a guy who started out in the sales department at Microsoft and moved into the marketing department. Then, one day he approached HR with his desire to move into legal, and a spot opened up.

Another way is to look at Goldman Sachs's Legal and Management Controls Department. They hire people who aren't even lawyers yet to work in a legal setting. Maybe with your degree they will connect you with a good mentor and you can get into corporate law that way.

Defer on your loans and do some looking around. Entertainment Law is another way to go. Seek out the production companies, call and write Warner Bros. or Arista Records. Heck, write Bad Boy Records! Entertainment Law is more about WHO you know anyways, and in that area of law, they don't care as much about class rank or grades. It's more of a people business.

Do you have charisma and people skills? Can you schmooze a Beyonce' into signing a soft drink deal? That's what they care about. Make it happen man! You are a graduate from a top-tier law school...nobody can f_ck with you! Have that attitude.

Do some legwork on your own...you can still reach your goals. In fact, now you are in a great position b/c nobody controls you. You're free. No billable hours minimum, no cutthroat law office politics.

I'm not saying it will be easy, but you are three years ahead of most of the grads in your class, do you realize that? Most of them will either be out of a job in three years or looking to switch...and they'll be looking to design their own careers. You're already there, so take advantage of that.

Remember, when one door closes, another one opens. 

This is obviously a message of encouragement and support, which I thought was one of the main purposes of LSD.  What I can't understand is why someone would feel the need to attack  LAWDOG when she was simply offering a few kind words to someone who obviously needed them.  Though her message of racial superiority that soon followed was truly inappropriate, her original purpose for responding to this post was to help someone not to put them down....lets remember that.  That being said Shame on you OFFICIOUS INTERMEDDLER for being so ugly (*remembering my mother's words to me as a child* "shut up is UGLY")! And shame on you also LAWDOG for resorting to racist remarks!

LETS JUST PLAY NICE KIDS!!!! ;)
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.

~Thomas Jefferson~