Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: TJSL Entering Student 2009  (Read 9536 times)

vlu

• View Profile
    • Email
TJSL Entering Student 2009
« on: March 14, 2009, 05:51:35 PM »
Hey guys, I got accepted to Thomas Jefferson and I think I'm most likely to go there. I was wondering if anybody else got accepted and is planning on attending this school? Although I haven't heard exactly the best things about this school, I was hoping that a student at TJSL can help me answer some questions i have about the school.

Cloud'nBolt

• View Profile
Re: TJSL Entering Student 2009
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 03:58:06 AM »
Hi vlu, I was accepted there too for Fall 09, and happen to know a great deal about TJSL. Ive toured it, sat in a 1L class, had a great conversation with Judy the friendly bookstore lady, talked with various current students for hours on end, talked with alumni, and even know a few friendly people in the admissions office. It does get some bad rap, but ive noticed that most of the time, its usually unfounded or incorrect in some way. Im from San Diego, and its where I’m finishing up my undergrad. Im extensively involved in San Diego’s Prelaw community, and have nothing but love and respect for this “little” town. What would you like to talk about?  :)

Sean104

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 05:09:15 PM »
@ Cloud'NBolt:  So do you have you mind made up on TJSL?

Cloud'nBolt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 02:37:32 PM »
For a guy trying to stay in San Diego for law school, it was such a hard decision for me to make. Ive spent hours upon hours researching and gathering facts, opinions, and overall sentiments comparing schools. But yea, TJSL is where I will start in the Fall 09. Have you decided yet?   

@ Cloud'NBolt:  So do you have you mind made up on TJSL?

Sean104

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 03:24:45 PM »
I'm still holding out for a decision from my number one school.  But if that doesn't pan out, then TJSL here I come.  Coming from Seattle, I'm pretty stoked about moving down to SD.

:o

Cloud'nBolt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 04:00:28 PM »
Well, good luck on your number 1 school. Yea, San Diego is pretty wonderful  ;D, and I just couldnt bring myself to leave it for law school. Keep us posted on what you decided. 

allaboutlydia

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 01:30:26 AM »
Hi.  Today I visited the school and was quite unimpressed.  I know the building is small, parking was really crazy and the school is located near industrial buildings.  I understand that the school is moving to downtown San Diego in 2011 so that's a good thing.  Anyone else have any information on the school?

Cloud'nBolt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 02:42:36 PM »
Hi.  Today I visited the school and was quite unimpressed.  I know the building is small, parking was really crazy and the school is located near industrial buildings.  I understand that the school is moving to downtown San Diego in 2011 so that's a good thing.  Anyone else have any information on the school?

I agree that the looks of the place are not very impressive, the school was never designed to be a school at all. They were initially only office spaces back in the day, redesigned a little to be classrooms. However, what makes Thomas Jefferson really Thomas Jefferson is the faculty and students. Did you go on a tour and sit in a class? I would imagine that some people just don’t get the same vibe from the place like others do, and that’s completely understandable. “Different strokes, for different folks” as they say  8). They are moving downtown in the Spring semester of the 2010-2011 academic year, so that is something exciting to look forward to. I believe it will drastically change the schools image in San Diego in the preceding years following its completion…but only time will tell.

Cloud'nBolt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 12:32:55 AM »
So who attended the “admitted students day” on Saturday? What did you guys think?

Sean104

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 01:11:41 PM »
Never made it down.  Was it helpful?