Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Will they offer me $$$?  (Read 3173 times)

jpsartrean

• View Profile
    • Email
Will they offer me $$$?
« on: March 13, 2009, 10:03:56 PM »
I'm from Detroit (I know, I know - you're jealous)....

I plan to attend Wayne State Law in the fall if accepted - in fact, it is the only law school I'm going to apply to.

3.4 from the University of Michigan with B.A.s in both English and Philosophy -class of '02, 166 on the February LSAT.

Had a ~3.6 until I suffered severe emotional turmoil in the final semester of my senior year - actually failed a course that I had to retake in the summer to fulfill the English degree requirements.

I have no softs and - to be totally honest - haven't done much of anything ever since graduation. Trying to get my life back on track now and am hoping law school will help me do that.

My family is well to do and from the Detroit area, so I plan to go to Wayne regardless - but because of my LSAT score I'm now getting bombarded with emails about waiving application fees and potential scholarships.

Do you think Wayne might offer me some money? Or how would I go about pursuing some?

They did waive my application fee and extend the application deadline to the end of the month, so I think that is a favorable sign...

Many thanks in advance...

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Will they offer me $$$?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 01:00:55 AM »
Also from MI, although I didn't apply to Wayne. I think its really hard to say bc of how late you applied. Your LSAT seems like it would make you a lock for a nice scholarship. If they dont offer you money, any chance you can take a year off and re-apply next year early in the cycle?

Crimson:devil(red)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 11:59:07 AM »
I would say apply now and see what they offer you. I applied early in the cycle with higher GPA and lower LSAT (3.61, 161) and was offered a full-tuition scholarship. If you don't get a good offer, I would suggest waiting until next year and applying early in the cycle.
Tulane Law School Class of 2012

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crimsondevilred

m1ss_uNdeRst00d

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 11:22:52 AM »
Trying to get my life back on track now and am hoping law school will help me do that.

I'm starting in the fall, so I can't speak from personal experience. That said, law school is emotionally, physically, and mentally draining. If you aren't prepared in all ways, don't go yet. Get yourself together and healthy FIRST, law school won't do that for you.
UB Law 2012

Remarq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 08:32:43 PM »
Not that it matters, but Wayne is T3 :)