Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FSU v Temple v Rutgers-Camden v American v Penn State  (Read 655 times)

AJaKe

• Sr. Citizen
  • No, a law student!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
FSU v Temple v Rutgers-Camden v American v Penn State
« on: March 13, 2009, 01:18:28 PM »
Choices:
FSU - In-state, no Scholarship
Temple - Out-of-State, Sticker
Rutgers-Camden - OOS, possibly get in-state first year, 10k/yr with 3.5 GPA
American - OOS, Sticker
Penn State - OOS, Sticker
If admitted: W&L, Sticker, over everything else
If admitted: GMU, Sticker, over everything else
If admitted: W&M, Sticker, over everything else
If admitted: UF, in-state, Sticker, over everything else

Waitlisted: W&L, GMU
Pending: UF, Villanova, W&M, UPitt

Department of Backstory:
Currently live and work in Florida, would very much like to get OUT of Florida. However, I am unsure as to if I would like to LIVE INDEFINITELY outside of Florida. I mainly just want to get out so I can figure that out. I have never lived anywhere other than Florida and I am pretty sick of it. But I could go to American and decide, you know I miss flip flops year round I want to be closer to my family. I just don't know yet.

Ideally I would work in DC, but if not I would likely just want to come back to Florida.

Public Interest/Government is what I am currently interested in (looking into the DOJ honors program and federal clerkships specifically). But that could change since I could take torts and decide I have found my life partner. I don't want to commit myself before I have even take my first class.

If you say one of the "If admitted" choices, what would be your next pick from the schools I have actually been admitted to.
I just feel like I am missing something obvious, and my own personal hangups keep me from seeing an obvious choice, so thank you for your opinions!

LSN
- 3.1 / 162

Accepted: UF, FSU, Rutgers-Camden(10k + T-Shirt!), Penn State, Temple, American, UPitt, Villanova
W/L: GMU, W&L, W&M
Ding: NONE!

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: FSU v Temple v Rutgers-Camden v American v Penn State
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 03:30:31 PM »
Choices:
FSU - In-state, no Scholarship
Temple - Out-of-State, Sticker
Rutgers-Camden - OOS, possibly get in-state first year, 10k/yr with 3.5 GPA
American - OOS, Sticker
Penn State - OOS, Sticker
If admitted: W&L, Sticker, over everything else
If admitted: GMU, Sticker, over everything else
If admitted: W&M, Sticker, over everything else
If admitted: UF, in-state, Sticker, over everything else

Waitlisted: W&L, GMU
Pending: UF, Villanova, W&M, UPitt

Department of Backstory:
Currently live and work in Florida, would very much like to get OUT of Florida. However, I am unsure as to if I would like to LIVE INDEFINITELY outside of Florida. I mainly just want to get out so I can figure that out. I have never lived anywhere other than Florida and I am pretty sick of it. But I could go to American and decide, you know I miss flip flops year round I want to be closer to my family. I just don't know yet.

Ideally I would work in DC, but if not I would likely just want to come back to Florida.

Public Interest/Government is what I am currently interested in (looking into the DOJ honors program and federal clerkships specifically). But that could change since I could take torts and decide I have found my life partner. I don't want to commit myself before I have even take my first class.

If you say one of the "If admitted" choices, what would be your next pick from the schools I have actually been admitted to.
I just feel like I am missing something obvious, and my own personal hangups keep me from seeing an obvious choice, so thank you for your opinions!

FSU, mainly for the price difference. If UF comes up, consider it as well.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.