Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FAFSA scam :(  (Read 3838 times)

barond

• View Profile
FAFSA scam :(
« on: March 12, 2009, 11:46:24 PM »
Damn I was in a rush to do my fafsa online and accidently went to www.fafsa.com  instead of the official goverment website. Well, long story short. I paid them 80 bucks for them to do the application over the phone.

Is this a reputable company? I have no plans on ever using them again, but will they do a good job? Will they hit me up with recurring charges?

Should I cancel them or demand my cash back? Damn i went to a law school admissions office and I found out i was scammed because Fafsa should cost nothing!

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: FAFSA scam :(
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 12:07:25 AM »
This is horrible.  I don't know anything about it, but I suggest you ask your financial aid office for advice about how to proceed.  You also may want to report them to your attorney general's consumer protection bureau, the Better Business Bureau, and consumer.gov.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
Re: FAFSA scam :(
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 02:24:49 AM »
not to pour salt in the wound--alright, you got me, that's exactly my intention--but wouldn't it have clicked that you were in the wrong place when the payment screen came up for completing a free application for federal student aid?

:D

This was the perfect way to end my night.
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."